No POST. new board?

Hi all.

Just recently my gaming pc came to a screeching halt when I turned it on and there didn't seem to be any POST.  there was no display.  optical drives and hard drives spun up, sounded like the system was booting normally, but no display.  also, I don't have a motherboard speaker so don't ask. I went blind.

So I tried switching ram slots, switching ram modules, I tried a different display, I removed the graphics card and tried the igpu, i reset the cmos, changed the cmos battery entirely. Even let the system sit for a while unplugged in case it just had the sniffles. Nothing yielded any results.

I've ruled out the ram and graphics card, I feel like if the processor was fried it wouldn't power on at all, and my temps never even approached tjunction while under load, so I feel like it must have been the board that went.

My question is do you guys think I need to just go out and buy a new board or am I making a mistake?

In case you're wondering about the specs:

ASUS M5A 78L-M/USB3.0 motherboard

AMD FX-8320E OC'd to 3.8GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

8GB Kingston HyperX 1333 DDR3

EVGA GTX 670 Signature 2

Consider installing your system drive in another computer and seeing if it will boot to desktop there.  

19 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Do you have another monitor and/or cable to try? 

It sounds like you've tested everything else. 

Yes, tried on my tv, tried another chord.  No go.

6 minutes ago, TwixOps said:

Consider installing your system drive in another computer and seeing if it will boot to desktop there.  

Definitely not on the drive, as not even the bios is anywhere to be found

2 minutes ago, NexusHUB said:

Yes, tried on my tv, tried another chord.  No go.

Sorry to say it, sound's like the MOBO and/or CPU is Kaput.

2 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Sorry to say it, sound's like the MOBO and/or CPU is Kaput.

I was prepared to go and buy a new board.  if I get it and it turns out to be the cpu I'm gonna cry.

6 hours ago, NexusHUB said:

Hi all.

Just recently my gaming pc came to a screeching halt when I turned it on and there didn't seem to be any POST.  there was no display.  optical drives and hard drives spun up, sounded like the system was booting normally, but no display.  also, I don't have a motherboard speaker so don't ask. I went blind.

So I tried switching ram slots, switching ram modules, I tried a different display, I removed the graphics card and tried the igpu, i reset the cmos, changed the cmos battery entirely. Even let the system sit for a while unplugged in case it just had the sniffles. Nothing yielded any results.

I've ruled out the ram and graphics card, I feel like if the processor was fried it wouldn't power on at all, and my temps never even approached tjunction while under load, so I feel like it must have been the board that went.

My question is do you guys think I need to just go out and buy a new board or am I making a mistake?

In case you're wondering about the specs:

ASUS M5A 78L-M/USB3.0 motherboard

AMD FX-8320E OC'd to 3.8GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

8GB Kingston HyperX 1333 DDR3

EVGA GTX 670 Signature 2

Just to toss this out there, have you tried clearing the CMOS?  That happened to my wifes AMD FX 8350 and after I cleared the CMOS it booted up with little issue.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop