Help overclocking my CPU, GPU, and maybe RAM! PLEASE!!!!!!!

Can someone help me overclock my PC?

Specs:

i5 7600k, ASUS prime z270-p Mobo, CM hyper t4 cooler, ASUS GTX 1050 ti, corsair vengeance LPX 16gb 3000mhz, Corsair ax850w power supply, 480 GB ssd, thats it. I need it to crush frames in overwatch. Right now I run 1080p ultra on overwatch at 70fps. Thanks for your help! 

google how to overclock, it will save you time. its all relatively the same in the BIOS maybe some words are different, or in a different tab. 

only use the forum to ask for help if you have an issue when you try to OC, or you dont understand the process after looking it up, but make sure to tell use what you dont understand we can explain it. dont use have us do all the work or copy and paste something you could of found on your own 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

20 minutes ago, YakkoTheYak said:

Specs:

i5 7600k, ASUS prime z270-p Mobo, CM hyper t4 cooler, ASUS GTX 1050 ti, corsair vengeance LPX 16gb 3000mhz, Corsair ax850w power supply, 480 GB ssd, thats it. I need it to crush frames in overwatch. Right now I run 1080p ultra on overwatch at 70fps. Thanks for your help! 

RIP night theme

11 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

google how to

That answer would solve 95% of posts, I'm sure he's looking for specifics, and if this community can help him; which I'm sure it can.

14 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

google how to overclock, it will save you time. its all relatively the same in the BIOS maybe some words are different, or in a different tab. 

only use the forum to ask for help if you have an issue when you try to OC, so say it crashes when it shouldn't or whatever. otherwise google can help you better.

I dont agree with this. First watch a few videos and how-to's then come ask for specifics you may not understand. Its pretty much a point and click step by step process.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

1 hour ago, ImperialSteele said:

RIP night theme

That answer would solve 95% of posts, I'm sure he's looking for specifics, and if this community can help him; which I'm sure it can.

you are not understanding.

first off he should use the search function on the form becase there is hundreds of how to overclock posts and they are all the same pretty much. i bet they have the solution to any problem he may run into becase it has years of backlogged posts on overclocking.

next this forum is not for "how to overclock" its for. I tired to overclock and now im running into this problem. or I cant understand how to overclock can you help then they list what they dont  understand.

its not for people who have not even looked into the subject to be just like tell me everything i need to know so i dont have to do any work myself. 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, YakkoTheYak said:

Specs:

You could try ProKoN's haswell/DC guide. Parts of it may apply: 

You could probably do 4.4GHz at around 1.2V

11 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

only use the forum to ask for help if you have an issue when you try to OC, so say it crashes when it shouldn't or whatever. otherwise google can help you better.

How very useful. An even more useful thing would be if you were to just log off. "Only come here for help" Guess what Einstein? That's what OP needs. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 hour ago, DildorTheDecent said:

also he can use the search function. the forum has it for a reason. 

no he does not need help, you need help when you try and fail. OP has not said that he has never even tired. 

and he wants to crush overwatch frames when hes alredy over 60 and assuring his panel is 60hz he has no need to OC becase he alredy surpasses the frames he needs for his panel 

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

no he does not need help

Oh, well guess we're callin it a night then. 

3 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

and he wants to crush overwatch frames when hes alredy over 60 and assuring his panel is 60hz he has no need to OC becase he alredy surpasses the frames he needs for his panel 

Lol so, you've never wanted to get more frames out of a card?

6 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

You could probably do 4.4GHz at around 1.2V

That sounds about right, and the guide looks reputable :)

2 hours ago, ImperialSteele said:

Oh, well guess we're callin it a night then. 

Lol so, you've never wanted to get more frames out of a card?

That sounds about right, and the guide looks reputable :)

just saying its useless, more heat for a pointless reason. but i guess if you need to make your epeen bigger.

i get it when people go crazy overclocking and get like 7ghz with liquid nitrogen becase thats to see how far you can push it and still be stable, and they do it for contests and word records. 

Spoiler

step one, go into the BIOS and set the XMP profile for your RAM

step 2 is overclocking the CPU, to do that we need some baseline numbers, download Aida 64 and HW Monitor, open both and run a stress test using Aida 64 and see what temps your CPU goes to and report that back we need to see what kind of temps we are at before trying to OC the CPU

5 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

step one, go into the BIOS and set the XMP profile for your RAM

step 2 is overclocking the CPU, to do that we need some baseline numbers, download Aida 64 and HW Monitor, open both and run a stress test using Aida 64 and see what temps your CPU goes to and report that back we need to see what kind of temps we are at before trying to OC the CPU

That is support thumbs up

Couldn't say better. OP your turn to act xD

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

also just a note, your setup is kinda unbalanced, you went way above and beyond what you needed for a PSU and the same with the SSD, you would have been better off with a SSD half the size of the one you got and a 2TB hard drive to hold your games then put the money saved on that SSD and PSU to getting a better video card.

I have an Asus board so I can help walk you through the BIOS settings you need to do to set your overclock once you get the baseline numbers, also inside windows during testing set the "power profile" for windows to Performance, this will lock the CPU to its max frequency.

Spoiler

Having more than 60fps on a 60hz panel is still warranted. Input delays are night and day differences...

Limit your game to 60fps and sweep the camera left and right, unlimit your game to 100fps+ and the movement is WAY different for the better.
Regardless of you only seeing 60 frames being updated on a 60hz panel, the game response to your movements is getting picked up faster, and you can FEEL it being better.

OP

Your at Ultra 70FPS and want more frames...

Easiest way...

Use High Presets with UltraTextures/filtering at their highest............ maybe lower other settings.... would you even notice this chance.. hardly, you are too busy running around to notice the small visual difference it would make.

Watch those AVG FPS rise up and up...

Why overclock CPU when your GPU bound?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Ok thanks and btw my dad had a spare PSU that's why I used an 850 w one