Higher Resolution Screen Replacement.

SiameseD
Go to solution Solved by iamdarkyoshi,
Just now, FuckinBuckin said:

Well my CPU Is 5th Gen, is there a way I can find out without opening up my laptop? I'm willing to, but if there is an easier way.

@iamdarkyoshi

I can almost guarantee that it uses a 30 pin connector. Doing a quick google search for the model, the first image of the LCD I found has a 30 pin connector on it.

I'd suggest looking on http://www.panelook.com/ for models with the same size LCD and same interface as yours, and you can sort by screen type. See if you can find an IPS display!

I recently bought an older laptop, the 14" Dell Latitude E5450. I was wondering if it is possible for me to replace 1366x768 screen with a 1080p screen?

Asrock B450m/ac| Ryzen 5 3600x | EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX3.0| 16 GB DDR4 3200 | Antec 550w SemiModular| 1 TB WD Black | 1TB SP NVME m.2 | 1TB WD BLUE SSD

Sometimes, really depends on the innards. What is the service tag?

29ZXD72

Asrock B450m/ac| Ryzen 5 3600x | EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX3.0| 16 GB DDR4 3200 | Antec 550w SemiModular| 1 TB WD Black | 1TB SP NVME m.2 | 1TB WD BLUE SSD

17 minutes ago, FuckinBuckin said:

I was wondering if it is possible for me to replace 1366x768 screen with a 1080p screen?

but why? it's only a 14" ... and windows scaling sucks

According to this site, there are 1080p screens you can get. Just make sure it's compatible before you buy.

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=category&id=140&subid=533&refine=lcd+screen

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

From what I see, that uses an Intel iGPU. The ones I've seen with 1080p screens use an nvidia discreet GPU.

I don't have any evidence that it won't work, nor do I that it would. I do know that Dell (and other manufacturers) tend to arbitrarily lock out components from working. Esp. on their business line of laptops. I remember having to flash a custom BIOS on a latitude just to use a Wireless AC wifi card.  So YMMV.

If it uses a 40 pin (LVDS) connector, the max you can do on that cable is 1366x768, unless its a Dual Channel cable, then you can do 1080p.

If its a 30 pin (eDP) connector, you can put a 1080p display in it without issues, and if its a dual channel eDP cable, you can do 4K.

Laptops before 4th gen were almost always LVDS, 4th gen and onwards are almost always eDP.

Well my CPU Is 5th Gen, is there a way I can find out without opening up my laptop? I'm willing to, but if there is an easier way.

@iamdarkyoshi

Just now, FuckinBuckin said:

@iamdarkyoshi

I can almost guarantee that it uses a 30 pin connector. Doing a quick google search for the model, the first image of the LCD I found has a 30 pin connector on it.

I'd suggest looking on http://www.panelook.com/ for models with the same size LCD and same interface as yours, and you can sort by screen type. See if you can find an IPS display!

Cool, thank you!