Is the R9 280 going to be a thing?

Missioncode

Ok I have a 7950 and I want to get another but Im not paying the $300 for them on amazon or ebay, I can get a R9 280X for that money. From what I have heard a R9 280x is just a 7970 so a R9 280 should be a 7950. And if I can get that for like $250 I would be quite happy. Especially if it include the never settle bundle. 
and you can Xfire 280x with a 7950/7970

Possibly. Not sure what AMD will do considering earlier this year they said they weren't going to release new GPUs..

I don't think it'll be a very big thing to people, more likely than not people will try to get R9 290s instead.

I like how no one answered your question. No i dont think you can xfire a 280 and 7950 but im not 100% sure. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I like how no one answered your question. No i dont think you can xfire a 280 and 7950 but im not 100% sure. 

well you can xfire a 280x and a 7950 so if they ever do come out with a 280 I think that you could. 

Eventually, since they don't have a 200$/250$ card

there R9 270x is a $200 card so the question is are they going to fill a $50 price difference.