Can't Download GPU drivers or Geforce Experience

So I'm using a gtx 960, and this might be due to age so if I can't get it to download new drivers I might have to replace it.

I can't download any drivers or the GeForce experience software without it saying "Nvidia Installer Failed"

I've tried everything on the Nvidia website, Device manager, disabling firewalls and antivirus, running command prompts, task manager, rebooting, reseatting GPU, installing from device manager, and using custom installation and clean installation. What else can I do?

By screwed up do you mean everything in much bigger? If so that just means your gpu driver is uninstalled...which is what ddu is meant to do.
Are you sure you're downloading the right driver?
What version of windows and 64 or 32bit?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

6 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

By screwed up do you mean everything in much bigger? If so that just means your gpu driver is uninstalled...which is what ddu is meant to do.
Are you sure you're downloading the right driver?
What version of windows and 64 or 32bit?

Yes everything is much bigger. w64. The installer says the programs are "Not Installed" and the Graphics driver shows "Failed". Yes I got the driver straight from Nvidia's website. I can't even find my GPU on device mgmt or problem devices. I just reseated it and nothing happened.

Capture.PNG

Probably an obvious question, but you do have your video cable in your gpu and not your motherboard?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Can you run dxdiag and screenshot the results?

21 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

Probably an obvious question, but you do have your video cable in your gpu and not your motherboard?

yeah cable is in gpu

20 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

Can you run dxdiag and screenshot the results?

Here it is

Capture1.PNG

Ok so i googled error 22 and it says it's when the device is disabled. 
So go to device manager, click view and select show hidden devices.
Then see if your gpu shows up. If it does, right click it and select enable.

1 minute ago, leelaa14 said:

Ok so i googled error 22 and it says it's when the device is disabled. 
So go to device manager, click view and select show hidden devices.
Then see if your gpu shows up. If it does, right click it and select enable.

it doesn't show up

Capture2.PNG

Just now, Saltyroast said:

it doesn't show up

Capture2.PNG

I think it was referring to Microsoft display driver which I disabled. Looking for the Nvidia one or the GTX 960 whichever its called.

So I need to figure out how to download and install the Nvidia drivers since apparently they will make the card detectable. Is there a way to download all the NVIDIA programs without the driver so I don't get "Nvidia Install failed"?

Ok, on that unknown device with the yellow triangle. Right click it and go to properties.
Then go to details and on the property drop down box, select Hardware Ids.

Then right click the top line that says pci/ven and select copy and paste it here.

Never mind. Right click the Microsoft basic display driver and click enable.
Then install your gpu driver.

USB\VID_0955&PID_9000

3 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

Ok, on that unknown device with the yellow triangle. Right click it and go to properties.
Then go to details and on the property drop down box, select Hardware Ids.

Then right click the top line that says pci/ven and select copy and paste it here.

USB\VID_0955&PID_9000

USB\VID_0955&PID_9000

USB\VID_0955&PID_9000

I'll try find what driver this needs. In the meantime, see my last post.

Ok, that's coming back as 3d vision glasses which is obviously for 3d vision. So that should sort itself out once you install you gpu driver after following what I said in my other post.

1 minute ago, leelaa14 said:

Ok, that's coming back as 3d vision glasses which is obviously for 3d vision. So that should sort itself out once you install you gpu driver after following what I said in my other post.

Ok, like clicking on driver xxx.xx and running the install as custom w/ clean installation?

Ok, like clicking on driver xxx.xx and running the install as custom w/ clean installation?

Yeah.

Just tried manual install and same thing as my initial picture. I checked programs and features and no Nvidia programs were installed at all

2 minutes ago, Saltyroast said:

Just tried manual install and same thing as my initial picture. I checked programs and features and no Nvidia programs were installed at all

Did it allow you to enable the gpu from the device manager? If so then try a restart and then install drivers.

Have you tried running the driver exe as admin?