M.2 SSD plus sound card?

legodude
Go to solution Solved by EthanCoow,
13 minutes ago, legodude said:

Hello!

My 850evo is on it's last legs (and too small) so I decided to replace it with an m.2 250gb 960evo I got from work stupidly cheap.

I'm running an  i5-4690K in an Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger with a GTX980ti for graphics powah with a Asus xonar STX for my sound

when I installed windows on my 960 evo I can't get the sound card drivers to install, I've tried changing PCI-e slots too but I get an error telling me the card doesn't exist.

if I switch back to the sata 850evo and the sound card works just fine.

any ideas how to get this to work? I can't just ditch the sound card as I have very high impedance headphones and I like how easy it is to switch to and from my studio monitors and headphones.

thanks in advance :D 

You can check the motherboard's manual to see how the PCI-e lanes are mapped to the slots, as most motherboards do it differently from each other, so I can't give you an accurate answer.

Hello!

My 850evo is on it's last legs (and too small) so I decided to replace it with an m.2 250gb 960evo I got from work stupidly cheap.

I'm running an  i5-4690K in an Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger with a GTX980ti for graphics powah with a Asus xonar STX for my sound

when I installed windows on my 960 evo I can't get the sound card drivers to install, I've tried changing PCI-e slots too but I get an error telling me the card doesn't exist.

any ideas how to get this to work? I can't just ditch the sound card as I have very high impedance headphones and I like how easy it is to switch to and from my studio monitors and headphones.

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.

13 minutes ago, legodude said:

Hello!

You can check the motherboard's manual to see how the PCI-e lanes are mapped to the slots, as most motherboards do it differently from each other, so I can't give you an accurate answer.

1 hour ago, EthanCoow said:

Cheers matey, got it working

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.

1 minute ago, legodude said:

Cheers matey, got it working

Is it the motherboard, or is it Windows (...again)?

Motherboard