M.2 EMERGENCY PLEASE HELP

MYX

So my 960 Evo that was accidentally installed without a standoff (I checked the board and the ssd box came without one, I have seen other complaints with the same board) so it's just a screw in the motherboard. Today I woke up and surprised to see the screw had popped out leaving the just the ssd poking out. I have no idea what to do and havnt turned my computer on yet, to prevent data loss or damage.

thanks for your time

6 minutes ago, MaxCraft said:

So my 960 Evo that was accidentally installed without a standoff (I checked the board and the ssd box came without one, I have seen other complaints with the same board) so it's just a screw in the motherboard. Today I woke up and surprised to see the screw had popped out leaving the just the ssd poking out. I have no idea what to do and havnt turned my computer on yet, to prevent data loss or damage.

thanks for your time

If you screwed it up, you've already screwed it up and there's nothing you can do to unscrew it up.  So install it correctly and see if you screwed it up.

20 minutes ago, MaxCraft said:

thanks for your time

The motherboard should've had a standoff. Same reason why drives don't come with cables, because someone else should've provided them.

Either way, go find a standoff if your motherboard for some reason didn't come with one pre-installed.

6 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The motherboard should've had a standoff. Same reason why drives don't come with cables, because someone else should've provided them.

Either way, go find a standoff if your motherboard for some reason didn't come with one pre-installed.

You know the little baggie with the screw and m.2 standoff in it? Only the screw was in there, no pre installed one either, the mobo manual even has a pre installed on on it.

Just now, MaxCraft said:

You know the little baggie with the screw and m.2 standoff in it? Only the screw was in there, no pre installed one either, the mobo manual even has a pre installed on on it.

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, MaxCraft said:

I've never had an M.2 drive that came with a standoff.

Hell I don't recall getting an M.2 drive with a screw. But my memory's pretty spotty lately for unimportant things.

12 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I've never had an M.2 drive that came with a standoff.

Hell I don't recall getting an M.2 drive with a screw. But my memory's pretty spotty lately for unimportant things.

No the mobo did