Logitech G402 mouse wheel getting hard to click

Kitten of the Broccoli

Literally every other button works perfectly fine, and I can scroll without issue, but I have to press really hard on the middle button to get it to register. After doing a bit of research, it seems like this isn't an uncommon problem for G402 owners, but the only possible solution I've found involves dripping a bit of isopropyl alcohol under the mouse wheel, scrolling it for about 5 minutes, then blast the remaining moisture out with compressed air.

Can anyone give me some pointers? I bought it refurbished, so it's not like I could just call up Logitech and have them repair it.

This is normal. I have the mouse as well and the middle click is hard to use. :/ I simply don't use it.

1 hour ago, YongKang said:

This is normal. I have the mouse as well and the middle click is hard to use. :/ I simply don't use it.

Well, that's not really an option for me. I use the mouse wheel button for literally everything Windows lets me use it for: opening links in new tabs, closing said tabs, hold it down when I need to pan around in After Effects, and even just as a keybind in video games.

5 hours ago, fireclaw316 said:

Well, that's not really an option for me. I use the mouse wheel button for literally everything Windows lets me use it for: opening links in new tabs, closing said tabs, hold it down when I need to pan around in After Effects, and even just as a keybind in video games.

I haven't disassemble my mouse so, I don't know what kind of mechanism they are using under there for the button. Your problem sounds like something is wrong with the switch under. :/ Can you describe what kind of problem it is? Is it because of the friction?