Who knows how to convert .bin to .zip

Hi people of LMG forms,

i have a .bin file and i need it to be .zip, does anyone know how to converter these files

thanks

IHAVEAQUESTION>MLG

A .bin file isn't necessarily an archive file, so there's no way to directly convert .bin to .zip. If the .bin file is an image of a disk, you need to mount it and then use a file browser to grab and zip up its contents.

What are you trying to do? You could just change the extension.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

48 minutes ago, IHAVEAQUESTION>MLG said:

i have a minecraft world (i have linked it but it is .bin. i tried to change the extension name to .zip and it said it was invalid

Gnomeo&Juliet 2in1.bin

That's because it's probably not a zip archive file to begin with.

What are you trying to do? If you're trying to zip it up, you can right click on the file or folder and select "Send To..." > "Compressed File"

If you're trying to open the file itself to dig into it for something, that I can't help you with.

1 hour ago, IHAVEAQUESTION>MLG said:

i have a minecraft world (i have linked it but it is .bin. i tried to change the extension name to .zip and it said it was invalid

Gnomeo&Juliet 2in1.bin

So it appears to be an archive of some sort, but it's definitely NOT a ZIP archive. Otherwise 7zip would open it. Appears to be some proprietary BIN format, probably only opening with the same program or process that created it. There are strings in the BIN alluding to PNG, Photoshop, JPEG, and DAT files, but otherwise it's all garbage data. How did you export the file?

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 Ways of doing it. 

1.- Just zip the bin file? if is for storage simplicity or the bin file is to big and you need to slice it in 2 or more parts ziping a file could help, i wouldnt recommend to compress the image at all. 

2.- Mount the bin file with daemon tools, then extract everything from the virtual drive with the bin image into a folder and then select all the files in that folder and zip them it.