Computer Freezing, Restarting On Its Own

Seanabo
Go to solution Solved by Seanabo,

Found the issue. One stick of RAM wasn't pushed in all the way from my last cleaning.........

also explains why windows was saying I only had 4 gb of useable memory out of 8. Thanks for the help

Specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/seanabo/saved/QQpFTW

My PC blue screened while playing CSGO 2 days ago. Ever since, my computer will occasionally freeze up (sound will do that thing ya know, screen will have random sections chopped up) and then it reboots. This will happen when on YouTube and any other application at the same time.

Also, while playing Destiny and being in-game for about 10 minutes, the game and Battle.net client will crash, however my computer will stay running fine. Haven't had any issues in CSGO since the blue screen. 

Where should I start the troubleshooting?

Edit: Just froze up again while only trying to view this post, although this time it didn't force a restart, it's just sitting frozen on the forum page

Computer rebooting by itself, without a bluescreen, is normally related to overheating.

So look at your temperatures on IDLE and while gaming/stressing the CPU and GPU.

Graphical glitches are generally related to a faulty GPU or in some cases, faulty drivers, stress test it.

It could also be memory related, though normally that causes a bluescreen, not a straight up reboot. In some cases it can also crash to desktop your applications.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

Computer rebooting by itself, without a bluescreen, is normally related to overheating.

So look at your temperatures on IDLE and while gaming/stressing the CPU and GPU.

Graphical glitches are generally related to a faulty GPU or in some cases, faulty drivers, stress test it.

It could also be memory related, though normally that causes a bluescreen, not a straight up reboot. In some cases it can also crash to desktop your applications.

Or a faulty/failing PSU.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

8 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I got Open Hardware Monitor to open, the temps were all around 16 C. I accidentally dragged the window, and it caused the computer to crash

8 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Or a faulty/failing PSU.

I have another PSU I can test with, but it doesn't have an 8-pin for my GPU so I'll have to use onboard graphics to test it. I guess that can narrow it down between PSU/GPU or CPU for the cause?

2 minutes ago, Seanabo said:

I got Open Hardware Monitor to open, the temps were all around 16 C. I accidentally dragged the window, and it caused the computer to crash

Is your computer inside a fridge or something... 16˚C isn't exactly possible.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

This is from 1 min ago

IMG_0244.JPG

8 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

It's been idling the last 10 min and the CPU is now hovering at 10 C. The temp outside and in my house is 21 C. Should I be concerned about this?

1 hour ago, Seanabo said:

It's been idling the last 10 min and the CPU is now hovering at 10 C. The temp outside and in my house is 21 C. Should I be concerned about this?

Defiantly an incorrect reading.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

On 8/30/2017 at 1:28 PM, Jrock said:

Defiantly an incorrect reading.

Sorry for the late reply, was working.

I tested with the other PSU I have, using onboard graphics, and I'm still freezing. I was able to have Open Hardware Monitor running for as long as I wanted, but whenever I went to resize the window or open Chrome and resize that window, that's when it freezes. I'm guessing this leaves the problem to the Mobo or RAM. What's weird, is last night it froze up for just a second, and was able to get past it and played CSGO for 3 hours but this morning, I'm back to freezing any time I resize a window.

Found the issue. One stick of RAM wasn't pushed in all the way from my last cleaning.........

also explains why windows was saying I only had 4 gb of useable memory out of 8. Thanks for the help