Share PC WIFI Via Ehternet

SnipeYa

Is there a way I can plug a PC (without WIFI) Into another (With WIFI) to "share" its network connection? Like DHCP the whole shabang? I have an old server (100% Headless) that needs DHCP to supply an IP before I can use it and connecting it to my router is just not an option. 

Currently I have my desktop pc is connected to my network via WIFI, Which means I have 2 onboard Ethernet ports free.

A few years ago i found a program to make wifi hotspot from my laptop to other devices but Im pretty sure it could do what you need also. Kill me I dont remember the name tho... Could have been connectify (cuz i still have the exe on my pc) but bare in mind that its payed buttt u could find some shady versions (like me) that will get the job done.

Yes this should be possible. Just go to Control Panel, then find adapter settings (Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center>change adapter settings) Find your wifi connection, right click> properties> then find the sharing tab> then check the first box> select your ethernet connection from the drop down. 

Next connect the PCs together with an Ethernet cable  

Hopefully that works ( should be the same steps for windows 7, 8, 10)

43 minutes ago, TurtleZero said:

Yes this should be possible. Just go to Control Panel, then find adapter settings (Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center>change adapter settings) Find your wifi connection, right click> properties> then find the sharing tab> then check the first box> select your ethernet connection from the drop down. 

Next connect the PCs together with an Ethernet cable  

Hopefully that works ( should be the same steps for windows 7, 8, 10)

It doesn't seem to be getting a DHCP address...

43 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:

It doesn't seem to be getting a DHCP address...

For something more specific, you should connect it (however you can) to the router, because I think the sharing feature just shares the up address of the first computer. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

8 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

For something more specific, you should connect it (however you can) to the router, because I think the sharing feature just shares the up address of the first computer. 

Unfortunately I can't, ISP Came in and broke my shit with the promise of faster internet (NBN/VDSL), SOOO now I have a crappy 2 port Modem/Router. Eventually I will replace it but I haven't found anything to do so just yet.

Aslo what do you mean by up address? I'm trying to wrap my head around what this ICS feature is actually doing, Because I can't tell.

7 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:

Unfortunately I can't, ISP Came in and broke my shit with the promise of faster internet (NBN/VDSL), SOOO now I have a crappy 2 port Modem/Router. Eventually I will replace it but I haven't found anything to do so just yet.

Aslo what do you mean by up address? I'm trying to wrap my head around what this ICS feature is actually doing, Because I can't tell.

Sorry, phone auto corrected from IP address. Why not get a cheap switch? 10/100 switches can be had for no money these days, and would save you a world of headache. 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

Sorry, phone auto corrected from IP address. Why not get a cheap switch? 10/100 switches can be had for no money these days, and would save you a world of headache. 

I have a 16 port gigabit switch, Trouble is those 2 ports are currently in use for the next 2 days or so, So I can get that switch going until after thats done. 

Also I'd be stuck using the server in my kitchen...

It's all a bunch of really first world problems really.

Just now, SnipeYa said:

I have a 16 port gigabit switch, Trouble is those 2 ports are currently in use for the next 2 days or so, So I can get that switch going until after thats done. 

Also I'd be stuck using the server in my kitchen...

It's all a bunch of really first world problems really.

Buy an Ethernet cable? I’ve gotten a 150ft cable (CAT6) for about $13 USD, which is pretty cheap. 

in windows network adapters highlight the WiFi and Ethernet adapter. Then right click it and then click Bridge connection.

That should do what you want.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

16 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Buy an Ethernet cable? I’ve gotten a 150ft cable (CAT6) for about $13 USD, which is pretty cheap. 

My real issue is lack of patience.

Aslo I'm really intreegued to find out what this feature actually does, Why use it etc..

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

in windows network adapters highlight the WiFi and Ethernet adapter. Then right click it and then click Bridge connection.

That should do what you want.

You sir are a gem! What ever that means. I think.