Corrupted MOV file

Hello,

My sister accidentally deleted a .MOV video from an SD card and I tried to recover it. Testdisk didn't found it, but Recuva did, but there was an information that it was replaced by System Volume Information. Testdisk and Recuva even found older videos, and they were working just fine. When i try to open that corrupt file... I just can't. VLC remains at black screen with VLC logo and that's it. No errors or something. I tried converting it with VLC's convert tool, but it's stuck at 199 bytes. I tried demo version (witch allows to preview a minute from a "repaired" video) of Stellar Phoenix Video Repair, but it won't show any preview. I tried REMO Repair MOV, videorepair by grauonline, Yodot MOV repair, and a couple of other programs witch didn't worked. Is there a chance to recover that file?

10 minutes ago, sebafudi said:

Is there a chance to recover that file?

Maybe through professional recovery, but it's very unlikely, especially since it's an sd card and not a hard disk. If something was written over it the chances of recovery are extremely low.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Maybe through professional recovery, but it's very unlikely, especially since it's an sd card and not a hard disk. If something was written over it the chances of recovery are extremely low.

This can't be video, because it was last video recorded, or any other file. Is there a way to recover at least part of this video? Video has about 1.3GB so that's reasonable size for this video.

Just now, sebafudi said:

This can't be video, because it was last video recorded, or any other file.

Recuva said it was overwritten by system volume information, which means it was written over by the file system - so something was indeed written over it. In some cases some of the video would be salvageable, but if nothing is able to read it then it's probably too corrupted for that - even if the data that was written over it is small, it could be scattered throughout the file making it unreadable. If the repair tools don't work, there's not much you can do other than paying for a professional repair attempt.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*