Watercooler performing worse then Scythe Mugen 4

I have my Xeon X5650 Oced to 4,50Ghz at 1,45v and hitting 96c° with a watercooler (Seidon 240v) and with mugen 4 88c° and bought the AIO for lower temps but not really working. 

Things I did:

-checked if i pealed of the plastic of the block, and it was off.

-recealed block

-increased fanspeed

-pulled of side panel

1503774770256-1192073319.jpg

1503774791423840432067.jpg

Are you sure the pump is working? Can you place your hand on it while turning your system on?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Okay, so here are a few things you should check.

1. Make sure the pump is plugged into the right header on the mobo, that would be the CPU or PUMP header. You need to make sure that the pump is getting 100% power all the time.

2. Did you apply thermal paste?

3. Make sure that you apply star pattern when tightnening the screws (I don't know if that's a real word)

Make sure that your cooler is working lol.. Troubleshoot a little ;)

7 hours ago, Light-Yagami said:

Okay, so here are a few things you should check.

1. Make sure the pump is plugged into the right header on the mobo, that would be the CPU or PUMP header. You need to make sure that the pump is getting 100% power all the time.

2. Did you apply thermal paste?

3. Make sure that you apply star pattern when tightnening the screws (I don't know if that's a real word)

Make sure that your cooler is working lol.. Troubleshoot a little ;)

Checked, but my mobo is a P6t SE and doesn't have a pump plug so working with a fan header. And i did use the star method and the cooler master thermal paste.

7 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Are you sure the pump is working? Can you place your hand on it while turning your system on?

Okay wow my temps are good now for some reason changed nothing but it's good now

Okay the temps are back up again after restart so I can't find the problem maybe a bad pump cuz as someone said no feeling on full speed, and the temps go up from 40-96 in a few seconds (this is on lower voltage and clock speed)

3 minutes ago, ILikeBigTree said:

Okay the temps are back up again after restart so I can't find the problem maybe a bad pump cuz as someone said no feeling on full speed, and the temps go up from 40-96 in a few seconds (this is on lower voltage and clock speed)

If you can't feel the pump vibrating, it likely A) is a REALLY good pump or B) isn't working. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

33 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

If you can't feel the pump vibrating, it likely A) is a REALLY good pump or B) isn't working. 

Let's be honest here...if it's having bad temps and the pump isn't vibrating then it's a bad pump xD

7 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Let's be honest here...if it's having bad temps and the pump isn't vibrating then it's a bad pump xD

Could it also be my mobo doesn't like the pump cuz when I load setup defualts and save changes it keeps my OC and has good temps but after a restart it has the stock speed.

2 hours ago, ILikeBigTree said:

Checked, but my mobo is a P6t SE and doesn't have a pump plug so working with a fan header. And i did use the star method and the cooler master thermal paste.

Is it the CPU fan header or another one? Because from the picture it looks like your rear fan is the one plugged into the CPU Fan header.

11 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

Is it the CPU fan header or another one? Because from the picture it looks like your rear fan is the one plugged into the CPU Fan header.

The pump fan i was plugged in to the CPU fan header but it isn't a PWM pump so used a fan controller but I am returning this one and ask my money back and buy anohter one. BTW the pump is working at 2200 RPM what os good but the temps aren't right (higher then a €20 tower cooler from a year old) so something isn't right testing more tommorow.

3 hours ago, imreloadin said:

3 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

All 3 of my pumps are silent and don't vibrate at all... You can put your hand on them and feel nothing. I used my car stethoscope to actually be able to hear it with the fan noise. 

1 hour ago, Toleration said:

All 3 of my pumps are silent and don't vibrate at all... You can put your hand on them and feel nothing. I used my car stethoscope to actually be able to hear it with the fan noise. 

What are you using?

1 hour ago, imreloadin said:

What are you using?

Enermax 240mm SKU: ELC-LT240-HP 300+TDP (sitting on a w3690 @ 5.0GHZ)
Corsair h100i v2 SKU: CW-9060025-WW (on a x5660 @ 5.2GHZ)

The other is a Swiftech MCP655

All run Mayhems liquid with a tiny bit of dawn soap added.

In my main personal rig is a 10$ ebay pump. That makes a almost unnoticeable noise

Also I just realized you have a x5650. My x5660 has the same problem sometimes with heat. I'm not positive but I personally think its a Bios issue. Since the temperature of my water stays low but the CPU will read 90c+ yet no slow downs or anything. My x5660 is also on a P6, but mine being P6X58D Premium. If I had to guess it is because the X series xeons were made for servers incorporated into our boards. But thats just my theory don't take it from me. I would personally get a stock fan and put it on stock clocks and see how it goes, if everything checks out put your water cooler on and try it. If its fine over clock it. But just be knowledgeable of consequences of running a cpu hot. I do not believe mine is running as hot as it says mainly because my liquid temp does not rise by much and levels out.

2 hours ago, Toleration said:

Enermax 240mm SKU: ELC-LT240-HP 300+TDP (sitting on a w3690 @ 5.0GHZ)
Corsair h100i v2 SKU: CW-9060025-WW (on a x5660 @ 5.2GHZ)

The other is a Swiftech MCP655

All run Mayhems liquid with a tiny bit of dawn soap added.

In my main personal rig is a 10$ ebay pump. That makes a almost unnoticeable noise

If you're going to go through the trouble of replacing the fluid in a CLC why not just go with a custom loop lol?

1 hour ago, imreloadin said:

If you're going to go through the trouble of replacing the fluid in a CLC why not just go with a custom loop lol?

Because its a simple thing to do and I add reservoirs, thus becoming a custom loop. The lines on most AIO are barbed so you can just reline them thus having the ability to add on. This voids your warranty of course, unless you got a AIO that is adaptable without cutting lines.

On 27-8-2017 at 4:55 AM, Toleration said:

Also I just realized you have a x5650. My x5660 has the same problem sometimes with heat. I'm not positive but I personally think its a Bios issue. Since the temperature of my water stays low but the CPU will read 90c+ yet no slow downs or anything. My x5660 is also on a P6, but mine being P6X58D Premium. If I had to guess it is because the X series xeons were made for servers incorporated into our boards. But thats just my theory don't take it from me. I would personally get a stock fan and put it on stock clocks and see how it goes, if everything checks out put your water cooler on and try it. If its fine over clock it. But just be knowledgeable of consequences of running a cpu hot. I do not believe mine is running as hot as it says mainly because my liquid temp does not rise by much and levels out.

but my old mugen only had temps of 88 celsius what is fine but i want cooler temps and a higher more stable OC (highest i got was 4,799Ghz, but to high temps) that's why i bought an AIO. and now i am hitting 72 celsius on stock speeds wich my first aftermarket CPU cooler (€20) beats with ez at only 42 celsiusat max and near silent while the AIO gets loud AF (the fans and the pump after a while) so something is wrong with the cooler.

just ran cinebench on stock and hit 75 celsuis what is insanely high for stock speed and i do believe my bios and programs, but i just felt the tubes and there is almost no water coming through there.

13 hours ago, ILikeBigTree said:

but my old mugen only had temps of 88 celsius what is fine but i want cooler temps and a higher more stable OC (highest i got was 4,799Ghz, but to high temps) that's why i bought an AIO. and now i am hitting 72 celsius on stock speeds wich my first aftermarket CPU cooler (€20) beats with ez at only 42 celsiusat max and near silent while the AIO gets loud AF (the fans and the pump after a while) so something is wrong with the cooler.

just ran cinebench on stock and hit 75 celsuis what is insanely high for stock speed and i do believe my bios and programs, but i just felt the tubes and there is almost no water coming through there.

When you run cinebench, does the temps on the cpu jump straight to the high point or do they slowly work to it?

12 hours ago, Toleration said:

When you run cinebench, does the temps on the cpu jump straight to the high point or do they slowly work to it?

Straight to the point, but I pulled it out and heard it wasn't filled al the way so I'm sending it back so I have a new pump and I'm sure my pump will last.

11 hours ago, ILikeBigTree said:

Straight to the point, but I pulled it out and heard it wasn't filled al the way so I'm sending it back so I have a new pump and I'm sure my pump will last.

Best of luck to you, let me know how you make out

11 hours ago, Toleration said:

Best of luck to you, let me know how you make out

returning it for a new one cuz there is air inside and quit a lot of it 

24 minutes ago, ILikeBigTree said:

returning it for a new one cuz there is air inside and quit a lot of it 

You said that, I responded to let me know, after you get your new one :D

8 minutes ago, Toleration said:

yeah forgot sry m8

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2017 at 5:31 PM, Toleration said:

I got masterliqued lite for the same price and max temps on 4,5Ghz 1,4875v are 69c° so i am happy