Judge decides H3H3 video was protected under fair use but says this is not a prescedent

Master Disaster
12 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

What, this audience?

1) I can find screenshots fitting my narrative too if you want.

2) I said "thinks of", not that they actually are. Besides, you can have the body of an adult but the mentality of a child. Not saying that's happening there, but you know, just something to keep in mind. Looks like an adult != acts like an adult.

3) Things like the convent LTT made will have a very biased sample. There were plenty of people who traveled long distances just to get there. Children won't be able to do that on their own, so events like that will inevitably gather an overall older crowd than the actual average viewer.

6 minutes ago, PurpleVirtue said:

Right here you're making a blanket ruling, and that's just wrong. I gave Luis' video calling Linus a like and watched some of his content. While there were good points in Niko's video, I disliked it, despite being a sub of their channel, due to the fact that they raised points I genuinely disagreed with and made assertions which I felt gave Linus too little credit, specifically on the storage points. You shouldn't characterize an entire audience off a vocal minority. That video has 12,000 dislikes, roughly 1/38th of the people who watched Linus' latest video, and roughly 1/370th of Linus' subscriber base. You cannot judge 100% off of such a tiny group of "representatives"

Well, the people attacking Corridor for that video is not the only reason why I hold my opinion.

But you're right, it's bad to generalize a big audience based on a vocal minority.

17 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

1) I can find screenshots fitting my narrative too if you want.

2) I said "thinks of", not that they actually are. Besides, you can have the body of an adult but the mentality of a child. Not saying that's happening there, but you know, just something to keep in mind. Looks like an adult != acts like an adult.

3) Things like the convent LTT made will have a very biased sample. There were plenty of people who traveled long distances just to get there. Children won't be able to do that on their own, so events like that will inevitably gather an overall older crowd than the actual average viewer.

I think you misunderstood my angle: there were just so many kids at that meet up.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

I think you misunderstood my angle: there were just so many kids at that meet up.

Is that sarcasm? I can't tell from text alone.

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

SHOCKING REVELATIONS; YOUTUBE AUDIENCES SKEW YOUNG IN AGE.  FULL COVERAGE IN THE DOOBLY DOO, DON'T FORGET TO LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE.

You sound upset.

You know, the whole "kids" thing was not meant to be the highlight of the post.

Just now, LAwLz said:

Is that sarcasm? I can't tell from text alone.

You sound upset.

It's sarcasm over the debate existing at all.  Any revelation as to LTT's audience skewing young only brings up the phrase 'Well, duuuuuuh.' in my head. :P

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

It's sarcasm over the debate existing at all.  Any revelation as to LTT's audience skewing young only brings up the phrase 'Well, duuuuuuh.' in my head. :P

I didn't mean for it to be a "what's the age of LTT's audience" debate.

All I tried to say was that people should stop acting like asshats who wish bad fortune on others just because they criticized Linus.

i hate how breaking the law, by filing a false DMCA, is drama now.

On 8/24/2017 at 0:19 AM, Master Disaster said:
Well a victory for common sense but the judge has still left the door open for the trolls to continue abusing the system on YouTube. IMO she should have made a blanket ruling and put a stop to this culture of wrongful copyright claiming that exists on YouTube.

you need to think of the opposite... look at channels like Jinx Reload, he literally plays videos in their entirety on his channel and just puts a facecam on it. literally zero effort content which is actually violating fair use. thats why the judge mentioned this.

also, thats not how courts work, this isnt the supreme court. what they say doesnt immediately get enforced everywhere

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock