First Time Building nothing is recieveing power PSU does turn on

SwordsofAnarchy

I was building my first PC today and by the time i was finished i plugged it in and attempted to turn it on. The PSU turned on (Corsair CX450M) and the fan span but nothing else did. The Motherboard i have is an ASROCK AB350 Pro4, my GPU is a Geforce GTX 980, my CPU is a  Ryzen 5 1600 (stock cooler), and ripjaws V ram 2 8g. I have been trying everything for hours i tried the paper clip thing that worked fine. I unplugged by 24 pin and 8 pin and plugged them back in nothing happened still. I made sure the PSU cord was fully plugged in and still nothing. I am debating between going to a tech shop or getting some help on here. I also have a Phanteks Eclipse P400 case. Any help is appreciated

1 minute ago, SwordsofAnarchy said:

I was building my first PC today and by the time i was finished i plugged it in and attempted to turn it on. The PSU turned on (Corsair CX450M) and the fan span but nothing else did. The Motherboard i have is an ASROCK AB350 Pro4, my GPU is a Geforce GTX 980, my CPU is a  Ryzen 5 1600 (stock cooler), and ripjaws V ram 2 8g. I have been trying everything for hours i tried the paper clip thing that worked fine. I unplugged by 24 pin and 8 pin and plugged them back in nothing happened still. I made sure the PSU cord was fully plugged in and still nothing. I am debating between going to a tech shop or getting some help on here. I also have a Phanteks Eclipse P400 case. Any help is appreciated

Unplug Everything from the motherboard and check case power connecters then plug it in, Also if stuff lights up you have to reboot 5 times on ryzen for the bios to config. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

2 minutes ago, SwordsofAnarchy said:

ive heard of similar situations to yours and most of the time, the person would just swap out the PSU and everything works then

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Just now, xdeathshot20 said:

ive heard of similar situations to yours and most of the time, the person would just swap out the PSU and everything works then

The PSU works fine

2 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

Unplug Everything from the motherboard and check case power connecters then plug it in, Also if stuff lights up you have to reboot 5 times on ryzen for the bios to config. 

It doesn't even turn on only the PSU and my motherboard doesn't light up so how am i supposed to tell. Also my CPU cooler fan doesn't spin and I can only find the reset sw plug nothing else so that too could be a cause 

Have only 1 stick of RAM in the motherboard, in the slot furthest to the right. See if your computer would post.

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

Just now, SwordsofAnarchy said:

It doesn't even turn on only the PSU and my motherboard doesn't light up so how am i supposed to tell. Also my CPU cooler fan doesn't spin and I can only find the reset sw plug nothing else so that too could be a cause 

Sounds like you maybe have hardware failure.. Try swapping sticks of ram and reseating the CPU

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

Try resetting the CMOS? Pull the little round battery off the board and put it back in a few seconds later. Also do what @Gungpae said.

HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics

6 minutes ago, Gungpae said:

Have only 1 stick of RAM in the motherboard, in the slot furthest to the right. See if your computer would post.

Thanks but it didn't work any thing else

2 minutes ago, Gungpae said:

Where's your display plugged into?

My display. Do you mean my hmdi?

5 minutes ago, Gungpae said:

yessir

It's plugged into my motherboard then to my monitor

9 minutes ago, SwordsofAnarchy said:
16 minutes ago, Gungpae said:

Thanks but it didn't work any thing else

you should try both sticks 1 at a time meaning try only 1 8gb stick then try the other 8 gb stick start in one slot then if that doesn't work move to another slot.

7 minutes ago, Gungpae said:

You need to plug it into your Graphics card!

That probably won't make my pc turn on but I'll try

18 minutes ago, Gungpae said:

You need to plug it into your Graphics card!

That didn't work any other suggestions?

do any other fans spin up or just the one on your psu, if they do try removing your gtx 980 and using on board graphics.

Just now, MarcVez said:

do any other fans spin up or just the one on your psu, if they do try removing your gtx 980 and using on board graphics.

Only my psu fan spins 

Just now, Gungpae said:

Do you have the CPU power connector plugged in?

Which one exactly is that I have a 24 pin and an 8 pin plugged in

most PC shops will test your PSU for free, you could try that, if its fine it's probably your MB or CPU

Just now, MarcVez said:

most PC shops will test your PSU for free, you could try that, if its fine it's probably your MB or CPU

Ok which store should I go to ex: Geek squad

Just now, SwordsofAnarchy said:

Ok which store should I go to ex: Geek squad

not sure im from montreal

Breadboard test is key, remove everything unnecessary, start with just cpu and 1 stick of ram on a bare mobo and work up.

if it doesnt work at all, cpu/ mobo likely dead or PSU malfunction