First Time Building nothing is recieveing power PSU does turn on

SwordsofAnarchy
2 minutes ago, MarcVez said:

odd, just for fun why not post a pic of your board

look up 15 mins, there's post there

last ditch effort would be disconnect every single wire even power button, there could be a bad ground somewhere. with just the cpu fan, 24 and 8 pin connected, touch the 2 jumpers for the power button with something metal, try moving your ram to another slot or even try with no ram to see if the cpu fan spins.

Just now, MarcVez said:

last ditch effort would be disconnect every single wire even power button, there could be a bad ground somewhere. with just the cpu fan, 24 and 8 pin connected, touch the 2 jumpers for the power button with something metal, try moving your ram to another slot or even try with no ram to see if the cpu fan spins.

So just 24 and 8 and that's it

1 minute ago, SwordsofAnarchy said:

Ok

Nothing happened I unplugged the cords from the psu and then turned it on same result nothing

Just now, SwordsofAnarchy said:

Nothing happened I unplugged the cords from the psu and then turned it on same result nothing

sorry bud i see an rma in your future, have that psu tested tho

7 minutes ago, MarcVez said:

sorry bud i see an rma in your future, have that psu tested tho

pretty crappy first build experience :/ sorry man

you forgot to plug in your power button. Only the reset is plugged in. 

turn your power supply on then connect the pwrbtn pin and gnd pin together by putting something metal between them for a second. a butter knife or screwdriver tip should do. dig around for the pwr connector (looks like the reset one that is currently plugged in) and plug that into those two later on.

6 hours ago, SwordsofAnarchy said:

I was building my first PC today and by the time i was finished i plugged it in and attempted to turn it on. The PSU turned on (Corsair CX450M) and the fan span but nothing else did. The Motherboard i have is an ASROCK AB350 Pro4, my GPU is a Geforce GTX 980, my CPU is a  Ryzen 5 1600 (stock cooler), and ripjaws V ram 2 8g. I have been trying everything for hours i tried the paper clip thing that worked fine. I unplugged by 24 pin and 8 pin and plugged them back in nothing happened still. I made sure the PSU cord was fully plugged in and still nothing. I am debating between going to a tech shop or getting some help on here. I also have a Phanteks Eclipse P400 case. Any help is appreciated

you  test the pc out before put  inside the case?

sometimes somewhere in the case is  shorting the mobo and the pc just dont boot  but if everything work outside before you put  all part inside the case, you will make sure  that all standoff are in the correct place