budget gaming peripherals?

hello guys! any suggestions for budget keyboard and mouse for gaming? i'm really on a budget. i'm 14 if that helps. :P

devastator 2 keyboard/mouse combo is nice, i had one before.

$35 CAD or so 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

27 minutes ago, rookie.wanna.play said:

hello guys! any suggestions for budget keyboard and mouse for gaming? i'm really on a budget. i'm 14 if that helps. :P

I have a bias to mechanical keyboards, but I'm fairly certain they are out of your price range. Something like the above mentioned Devistator 2 Keyboard/Mouse combo, or one from Red Dragon should be good.

Depends what you're looking for. It's possible to get a nice RGB mechanical keyboard and decent gaming mouse under $50 if you know where to look. Or even cheaper if you're up for dealing with direct sales from China.

Realistically though are you gaming seriously? What sorts of games? Do you need a better keyboard? Are you mostly looking for performance or looks from your gaming peripherals?

13 hours ago, themctipers said:

$35 CAD or so 

well, if you say so! thanks man

13 hours ago, Nimrodor said:

Depends what you're looking for. It's possible to get a nice RGB mechanical keyboard and decent gaming mouse under $50 if you know where to look. Or even cheaper if you're up for dealing with direct sales from China.

Realistically though are you gaming seriously? What sorts of games? Do you need a better keyboard? Are you mostly looking for performance or looks from your gaming peripherals?

games like LoL PUBG Overwatch. performance over looks :)

13 hours ago, BluJay614 said:

I have a bias to mechanical keyboards, but I'm fairly certain they are out of your price range. Something like the above mentioned Devistator 2 Keyboard/Mouse combo, or one from Red Dragon should be good.

thanks man :)

Dunno about keyboards but I really like my SteelSeries Mouse. I got it at £40 but now it seems to be way cheaper. And it has RGB.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

8 hours ago, Inversion said:

Dunno about keyboards but I really like my SteelSeries Mouse. I got it at £40 but now it seems to be way cheaper. And it has RGB.

I've looked into them. Which one do you have?

Masterkeys lite L is a good budget combo.

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

5 hours ago, rookie.wanna.play said:

games like LoL PUBG Overwatch. performance over looks :)

What hand size and grip style do you use for the mouse? What's your in-game sensitivity for FPS's?

For the keyboard, do you prefer mechanical switches? Would you rather have a blue switch (clicky) board with RGB or a lower end brown switch (tactile quiet) board? Full sized or small form factor preferred (small is better for proper gaming but some people need the numpad)? How large is your current mousepad?

Do you have a max budget or are you just looking for deals in general? How adventurous are you in chasing cheap stuff (used/refurb/b-stock an option? Shipping times an issue? Open to returning items? Any sites you're not willing to shop on?)

7 hours ago, BluJay614 said:

I've looked into them. Which one do you have?

The Rival 100. Great mouse. Decent weight. Good tracking. Not too loud. Not a big thing but the lighting will sync with health in some games such as CS:GO.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

Just now, Inversion said:

The Rival 100. Great mouse. Decent weight. Good tracking. Not too loud. Not a big thing but the lighting will sync with health in some games such as CS:GO.

I know these people play a few games, though the one I know they play is WoW. I have heard that is a fairly good one.

20 hours ago, Nimrodor said:

What hand size and grip style do you use for the mouse? What's your in-game sensitivity for FPS's?

For the keyboard, do you prefer mechanical switches? Would you rather have a blue switch (clicky) board with RGB or a lower end brown switch (tactile quiet) board? Full sized or small form factor preferred (small is better for proper gaming but some people need the numpad)? How large is your current mousepad?

Do you have a max budget or are you just looking for deals in general? How adventurous are you in chasing cheap stuff (used/refurb/b-stock an option? Shipping times an issue? Open to returning items? Any sites you're not willing to shop on?)

Thanks for all the effort man. I just bought the cooler master lite L? The keyboard and mouse combo and i'm all good . thanks anyway bud :-)

On 8/20/2017 at 2:21 AM, themctipers said:

$35 CAD or so 

I have this same combo and the keyboard is really nice for the money. The mouse is also good, but they commonly have squeaky mouse wheels and the sensor didn't do it so much for me as someone who takes CS a bit more seriously. I can recommend the combo though

That's an F in the profile pic

5 hours ago, Froody129 said:

I have this same combo and the keyboard is really nice for the money. The mouse is also good, but they commonly have squeaky mouse wheels and the sensor didn't do it so much for me as someone who takes CS a bit more seriously. I can recommend the combo though

mouse wheels are nice, sensor is not right for CS for me , yes.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Might not be the budget you're looking for, but for under $100, the Aukey KM-G3 keyboard I got for $85 CAD is pretty solid. The Outemu Blue switches in it feel really nice plus its got RGB lighting without separate software installation. It may not come from a name brand like Corsair but its still a quality keyboard that I recommend for casual gaming.

On 20/08/2017 at 1:19 AM, rookie.wanna.play said:

Not sure if you can get hold of Cougar gear, but I saw and played  abit with their budget mice and keyboards and it seemed great for the money.

https://cougargaming.com/

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF