Looking for a 50mm Fan to install on a Socket G2 cooler

AshleyAshes

Yeah, I know, 'WTF is Socket G2!?' it's well, Intel's PGA socket for laptop Sandy and Ivy Bridge, because I'm building a desktop out of laptop parts, I'll link to that later.

But anyway, this is an oddball socket with no true standard for HSFs and my options for what I can use are somewhat limited.  I eBayed myself a non-name cooler which does MUCH better than the 'OEM' CoolerMaster one that is standard with the Socket G2 motherboard I'm using but it has a stupid fan recessed into it and I'd like to replace it with a 50mm fan that can cover the whole top.

The HSF on the left is the no-name cooler I picked up, works a lot better than the one on the right, but if you look you can see offset holes atop it that are 50mm apart that would allow me to put a much bigger and likely quieter fan atop it.  The recessed fan is just held in with two screws and easily removed.  I was thinking Noctua but lo, their family of products jumps from 40mm to 60mm, skipping 50mm.  So I'm looking for suggestions on a 50mm can that I could screw atop this, something capable of cooling a 45w TDP i7 2630qm at that but maybe not needing all 5000 RPM that the recessed fan requires. :)  In short, small IT fans are really not my area of knowledge and I'm dreading buying something that sounds like a dustbuster at full speed.

IMG_20170818_184038.thumb.jpg.6d4a554debebe79ff7a1b95f00722735.jpg

And if you wanna see how I'm turning a laptop into a desktop, check it out here:

protip

if you use zipties you can use any size fan you want. my cpu fans are zip tied to my 1366 coolers

reason i say this is bigger fans make less noise

custom watercooling loop + zipties.

/s

but really, use zipties. 

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Oh, oops, I don't actually need a 50mm fan, I need a fan who's mounting is 50mm apart.  The Noctua 60mm fans, their mounting holes are at 50mm, so they're perfect.  My bad.