New Build! New PC Builder! help/recomendations

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

It's in my signature and pinned on the PSU/Chassis subforum @H4L0Monster

got to it in no time! Thanks!!!! OMG SO HELPFUL

5 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

See @STRMfrmXMN's PSU tier list, pick something from at least tier 3. 

ok so i have Asus M4A79XTD Evo

AMD Phenom II x4 3Ghz

HyperX Blu DDR3 2x4GB

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050

Cooler Master Hyper T2

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1

and 2 WD  WD3200KS 380GB (SATA*)?

in a Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 w/ 1 bottom fan, 2 rear fans, and 2 top fans

am I missing anything? and hows it sound?

*i am not sure if i know what SATA is. but i have 7 ports... but i have 2 380GB internal drives.

16 minutes ago, H4L0Monster said:

AMD Phenom II x4 3Ghz

HyperX Blu DDR3 2x4GB

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050

Cooler Master Hyper T2

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1

*i am not sure if i know what SATA is. but i have 7 ports... but i have 2 380GB internal drives.

The 750B1 is not on my tier list at T3 or above just btw

The 750B2 is, however you have a 1050 so realistically you don't need something that spendy. A Corsair CX550 can be found with a mail-in rebate for 29.99 on Newegg.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

8 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The 750B1 is not on my tier list at T3 or above just btw

The 750B2 is, however you have a 1050 so realistically you don't need something that spendy. A Corsair CX550 can be found with a mail-in rebate for 29.99 on Newegg.

Would it be safer to get something a bit bigger for future proofing? Or does it matter that much if the cx550 can handle it?

20 minutes ago, H4L0Monster said:

Would it be safer to get something a bit bigger for future proofing? Or does it matter that much if the cx550 can handle it?

You don't need anything bigger. I run my 980 Ti (basically a power hungry 1070) off a CX450M (450W PSU, as the name implies). 

9 hours ago, H4L0Monster said:

AMD Phenom II x4 3Ghz

HyperX Blu DDR3 2x4GB

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050

Cooler Master Hyper T2

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1

Looks good! Should get you up and running, hopefully let you stream a bit. Once you get the 1050, you can use Shadowplay to take the stress off the CPU, since Minecraft is more CPU than GPU intensive IIRC. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

32 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

You don't need anything bigger. I run my 980 Ti (basically a power hungry 1070) off a CX450M (450W PSU, as the name implies). 

Looks good! Should get you up and running, hopefully let you stream a bit. Once you get the 1050, you can use Shadowplay to take the stress off the CPU, since Minecraft is more CPU than GPU intensive IIRC. 

Is the shadowplay a feature on the card? If I buy used how should i access it in case of the possibility of not having a manual.

2 minutes ago, H4L0Monster said:

Is the shadowplay a feature on the card? If I buy used how should i access it in case of the possibility of not having a manual.

Shadowplay works with most Nvidia cards IIRC. I've used it on both my 1050 Ti and 980 Ti. You access it through Nvidia GeForce Experience. Hit CTRL+Z to get to the settings, CTRL+F9 to start/stop recording. And I'd turn instant replay on to save you if you forget to record (It saves the last 5-30 minutes, depending on what you set it to). I think that's CTRL+SHIFT+F10 IIRC. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, Zando Bob said:

Shadowplay works with most Nvidia cards IIRC. I've used it on both my 1050 Ti and 980 Ti. You access it through Nvidia GeForce Experience. Hit CTRL+Z to get to the settings, CTRL+F9 to start/stop recording. And I'd turn instant replay on to save you if you forget to record (It saves the last 5-30 minutes, depending on what you set it to). I think that's CTRL+SHIFT+F10 IIRC. 

Ok so it's basically a feature provided by Nvidia for recording? 

19 minutes ago, H4L0Monster said:

Yup. It lets your GPU do the H.264 encoding, taking stress of your CPU. OBS can use the GPU as well. 

Main PC 

20 minutes ago, H4L0Monster said:

I mean, you can always use OBS and have a better experience with recording since Shadowplay is kind of annoying IMO. You can use NVENC as your encoder in OBS if you want your GPU to do the load, or you can use X264 for your CPU to do the load, as well as Quick Sync which works on Intel CPUs with iGPUs and is superior to both if you have a weaker dGPU or your CPU doesn't have 6+ cores.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

4 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I mean, you can always use OBS and have a better experience with recording since Shadowplay is kind of annoying IMO. You can use NVENC as your encoder in OBS if you want your GPU to do the load, or you can use X264 for your CPU to do the load, as well as Quick Sync which works on Intel CPUs with iGPUs and is superior to both if you have a weaker dGPU or your CPU doesn't have 6+ cores.

Ok so with the set up I have it's fine to run the OBS, which I think is what I'll do. But it won't be until I have the GTX 1050 or simaler. But I won't be updating the CPU from the Phenom II OK for a while. Recomendations?

6 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

Yup. It lets your GPU do the H.264 encoding, taking stress of your CPU. OBS can use the GPU as well. 

Can I run the gtx7900 to boot up and make sure all is well? Such as bios update and install windows?

22 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

It's in my signature and pinned on the PSU/Chassis subforum @H4L0Monster

Hey, so I have an LSU 650W power supply. I notice there is no LSU LAU on your list. Is it a bad brand? Would i be ok to start out with it?

4 minutes ago, H4L0Monster said:

Hey, so I have an LSU 650W power supply. I notice there is no LSU LAU on your list. Is it a bad brand? Would i be ok to start out with it?

I'd highly recommend not using a no-name PSU. What are your system specs and what part of the world are you located in?

4 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I'd highly recommend not using a no-name PSU. What are your system specs and what part of the world are you located in?

System specs unsure as I'm currently parts hunting. And USA southwest

8 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Would a corsair 750W be any better?

26 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

What I do know is I have an Asus M4a79xtd evo with a phenom ii quad core 3ghz. Nothing else yet other then a power source and a soon to be replaced Nvidia 7900 gtx

27 minutes ago, H4L0Monster said:

System specs unsure as I'm currently parts hunting. And USA southwest

23 minutes ago, H4L0Monster said:

Would a corsair 750W be any better?

4 minutes ago, H4L0Monster said:

What I do know is I have an Asus M4a79xtd evo with a phenom ii quad core 3ghz. Nothing else yet other then a power source and a soon to be replaced Nvidia 7900 gtx

Yo just quote me once for all your questions.

If you're parts hunting I'd get a new Corsair RM550x for 74.99 after rebate https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3zNypg/corsair-power-supply-cp9020090na

A Corsair what? A CX750M? An RM750x? Corsair has lots of different units. Chances are that they'd all be better but for one GPU you'll never need a 750W PSU.

Oh geez, you really looking at parts that old? Can you find something like an i7 2600K and motherboard on ebay? From looking around I found this which is an absolute steal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASRock-Z68-Extreme3-Gen3-LGA1155-Motherboard-W-i5-2500K-8GB-RAM-/302410478757?epid=1602858464&hash=item466911b4a5:g:N-YAAOSwXhtZi6r1

15 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Yo just quote me once for all your questions.

If you're parts hunting I'd get a new Corsair RM550x for 74.99 after rebate https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3zNypg/corsair-power-supply-cp9020090na

A Corsair what? A CX750M? An RM750x? Corsair has lots of different units. Chances are that they'd all be better but for one GPU you'll never need a 750W PSU.

Oh geez, you really looking at parts that old? Can you find something like an i7 2600K and motherboard on ebay? From looking around I found this which is an absolute steal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASRock-Z68-Extreme3-Gen3-LGA1155-Motherboard-W-i5-2500K-8GB-RAM-/302410478757?epid=1602858464&hash=item466911b4a5:g:N-YAAOSwXhtZi6r1

As far as age of things. Yes but that's becuase because its what I have.  Hey it running then move up when I can afford a much better newer platform.  And I'm not great at ebay search as I really don't know what it is I'd look for.