Holy Icarus! Melted / deformed PETG runs in hardline watercooled Node 202

What would you guys recommend as a biocide to go with distilled water? The loop is all copper.

39 minutes ago, Smollie1 said:

What would you guys recommend as a biocide to go with distilled water? The loop is all copper.

I would not recommend distilled water. Get a premix concentrate like EK CryoFuel.

Would you recommend the Cryofuel premix over the concentrate? Surely premix is simply concentrate plus distilled water?

I travel a lot so the loop will get drained a bunch, can't really be lugging 900ml premix around / buying it repeatedly. 100ml concentrate I can abide.

I have always used PT Nuke for my biocide. Never had any issues.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

10 hours ago, For Science! said:

Mayhems UV dyes are supposedly water based, no glycol in them.

http://mayhems.net/sds/addatives/blue_addative.pdf

Or it could be their documentation is inaccurate. which is not anything new with Mayhems

-Triggered-

There water based, I'm guessing he/she mixed it with something that isn't suppose to be used with PETG or like I said the temps are to hot.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

5 hours ago, Smollie1 said:

When I used distilled water I used Dazmode Protector & had zero issues. You can buy it from Modmymods or directly from Dazmode (aka Darkside).

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Smollie1 said:

Would you recommend the Cryofuel premix over the concentrate? Surely premix is simply concentrate plus distilled water?

I travel a lot so the loop will get drained a bunch, can't really be lugging 900ml premix around / buying it repeatedly. 100ml concentrate I can abide.

concentrate is fine. It contains 1 biocide and 2 corrosion inhibitors at the right ratio and pH. I would say it is a far superior option than risking mixing additives manually 

@forScience Awesome, EK concentrate it is then.

@Revan654 My first thought when this happened was totally "I should use glass". I'm not sure this case has the rigidity necessary, I'd be afraid of cracking the runs every time I moved it.

I'm thinking about designing a Node 202 sized case that is aluminium and tempered glass. It would be perfect for glass runs.