hard drive raid for game loading times which raid is best for value to performance for hard drives

Foaly97

So i'm thinking that i could do with a cheap way to improve game loading times i currently have a 1 tb wd blue hard drive for games and i was wondering if i did raid 1 with another hard drive would that increase game loading speed by a significant enough amount to be worth it and if not what would you recommend for getting the best performance at the best value would also like some redundancy to so raid 0 isn't ideal any help appreciated. I have support for up to 4 hard drives for the raid.  

raid 1 is the same speed as no raid

raid 0 would be what you want for speed, but no redundancy and if a drive fails everything is gone

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

46 minutes ago, themctipers said:

raid 1 is the same speed as no raid

raid 0 would be what you want for speed, but no redundancy and if a drive fails everything is gone

mirroring is not the same as no RAID. You get worse write performance with it.

If you are using onboard RAID on your motherboard, it is not a real RAID as it it is simply just a multi-channel disk controller. It is still a software RAID with hardware management which means it will incur CPU overhead. Furthermore since fake RAID controller doesn't have a dedicated cache, it will take up your system memory.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.