AMAZON PRIME its been 5 days!!! Still not received :/

iHomer

Just FYI, but the PRIME part is shipping in one day... so doesn't cover how long it takes them to pick and pack. You should however either be given a date the order should be expected by, or in the case of out of stock items usually a disclaimer like "item expected in 2-4 weeks, we will contact you nearer the time with a delivery estimate". When you check out you should be able to see the expected deliver dates (if available), for each product.

With prime, I have recieved stuff next day, 2-3 days if in stock and for out of stock items 1-2 months, but they have always given me an estimate. The 2-3 days items have usually been for items they prefer to send by royal mail, especially if it's over a weekend. I have also ordered stuff on a saturday and received on a sunday by courier. Sometimes it seems a bit hit and miss, but on the items page it usually gives you an esimate, like

prime.PNG.bf3aaaaf4f20d5c16620acaf6cbcb57b.PNG

or

prime2.PNG.b0a5de6695838e54fb1aafa88e7e6c37.PNG

There have only been a few times when they have messed up severely with me, and in those cases I have receieved some form of recompense, best ones for me have been a £40 refund when I pre-ordered a console system + game for delivery on release date, the courier didn't show up and so I had to contact them etc and they basically said I could have the game for free as they messed up, so refunded me that amount, and I got the system the following day.

I have however had many items that have failed and amazon have been nice enough to replace or refund me on, and I mean items that I have had for well over a year in some cases. That's why I shop with them, they are not always the cheapest, but other companies I would most likely end up having to contact manufacturer myself and arrange an RMA, instead of Amazon where I get a refund or replacement of my choice.

I'm not defending them as such, mistakes can be made... I'm just saying that they usually go the extra mile, even when it's not their fault... other companies I have dealt with couldn't care less and don't even apologise for their mistakes, and then you have to jump through hoops to get your money back etc.

Anyway, hope you get your item soon :)

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

50 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Doesn't your credit card only gets charged when the product actually ships?

Nope

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

That's weird then as mine does, every time... I actually know down to the hour it ships usually as I have a curve mastercard and it shows in the app when a payment has gone through and I get an email at the same time from curve too.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

OP, Open the amazon help center, then hit up their online support and have them call you or chat with them. Explain you paid for Prime shipping and it isn't there yet. Amazon does this to me at least once a month, and their standard mode as been to say "I'm sorry, Ill refund the shipping and to help make it up to you we will give you a free month of amazon prime." I haven't paid for prime in over a year. This works for any vendor, you just need to specifically mention you bought the product based on the applicable prime delivery estimates. 

Lets play connect the dots!

::::::::::

On 8/14/2017 at 0:36 PM, iHomer said:

if its in demand, get lotsssss of supply.

its not rocket science lol

Supply and Demand doesn't mean what you think it means, basic economics. If demand is high, supply is usually low. As is the case of this. And when the demand is high and the supply is low, the price goes up.