Displayport to HDMI not working though gigabyte g1 gaming 1080 but works though integrated graphics

I recently purchased the Oculus rift which i knew would run perfectly well with my PC 7700K Maximus ix formula Gigabyte G1 gaming 1080 and though Oculus home it does and its incredibly fun but i'm running on a 4k Samsung TV so i have to run integrated graphics to the TV then connect the HDMI from the rift to the graphics card which isn't a problem expect for with steam i need to run both displays from the GPU so i purchased a display port to run my TV and nothings showing up just flat no signal but if i put the same cable in the integrated graphics its fine.

so apart from rambling i was wondering if there was a way to connect 2 HDMI cables to the same GPU either threw a male display port to female or a good HDMI splitter that you know will work i've already bought the HDMI to display port and had no luck a HDMI splitter but not the best quality and already am around £35.00 down from adaptors alone any help would be greatly appreciated. I've posted all the specs that I've thought were important any more detail feel free to ask also all drivers are upto date and installed

also first time posting if you cant tell.

afaik this was an issue before that was well known. This was the reason why a few of the GPU manufacturers made their gpu's have multiple HDMI ports or had a  HDMI port on the back and a header on the front to connect to a headset.