Appearently the extreme isnt extreme anymore, welcome Samsung 49" CHG90.

Not 1440p, so sad :( 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3840 x 1080!?  wtf are they doing... 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

3840 x 1080!?  wtf are they doing... 

Maybe they have loads of 70" 4K panels to cut up? :P

Either way I would throw up within an hour, can't handle curved monitors. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Crispybagel said:

at 49" it's prob gonna be a bit blurry x)

Well actually you might be surprised.  That's the trick with ultra-wides, because of the unconventional aspect ratio, they sound bigger than we think they are (if that makes any sense).

This screen would have the same dpi as a 16:9 1080p 27" monitor, which, you're right, is not great, but it's not unheard of either.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well actually you might be surprised.  That's the trick with ultra-wides, because of the unconventional aspect ratio, they sound bigger than we think they are (if that makes any sense).

This screen would have the same dpi as a 16:9 1080p 27" monitor, which, you're right, is not great, but it's not unheard of either.

very true, although most people would say 1080p at 24" is a bit boring, 27" will be worse at that resolution. Maybe the color accuracy and brightness of the panel will compensate for that fact though. 

4 minutes ago, Crispybagel said:

very true, although most people would say 1080p at 24" is a bit boring, 27" will be worse at that resolution. Maybe the color accuracy and brightness of the panel will compensate for that fact though. 

Your'e right about the size, but that's another point I was going to bring up actually, the colour accuracy and span seems questionable.  Additionally, it claims to be 1.07 B colours, which is what a 10 bit would be, but I've seen a trick before where they apply a dithering effect to 8 bit panels to simulate the 10 bit range, and I wonder if that might be what this is.  I've also seen some laptops that use a 6 bit panel and tricks to get the normal 16.7 M (or there abouts)

14 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Not 1440p, so sad :( 

That would be nice, but at 32:9 that would make it basically a 5K ultra wide.  I'd rather stick to 16:9 or 21:9 at the most :D 

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Maybe they have loads of 70" 4K panels to cut up? :P

Either way I would throw up within an hour, can't handle curved monitors. 

If my math is correct, this is actually a 54" 3840 x 2160 cut in half :P 

4 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

That pivoting stand though... I'm really not sure how that's intended to work :P

xD omg, yeah you're not going to be using that in portrait are you? xD 

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

xD omg, yeah you're not going to be using that in portrait are you? xD 

lol rest in piece neck, this piece of hardware definaly deserves it's place at a linus holy shit episode. Want to hear the same kind of rant as he did with pricing on the red 8K camera hahaha.

3 hours ago, Crispybagel said:

lol rest in piece neck, this piece of hardware definaly deserves it's place at a linus holy shit episode. Want to hear the same kind of rant as he did with pricing on the red 8K camera hahaha.

Honestly I think the price is fair, way more expensive but the R &D going into it is huge and the product itself is PACKED with features 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Oh. So this is exactly like 2x 1080p monitors, without a bezel. And its aimed at gamers? But can you play a game at fullscreen setting on half of the screen if you use their software screen splitter thingie?

• 2 weeks later...