NZXT Stock fans or Corsair AF120?

_Ab

I'm getting the NZXT S430 Elite Black/Red edition. Though I was wondering if I should install the Corsair AF120 Instead of the stock fans.

What do you guys think? I'm making a black/red setup.

just put the 2 nzxt fans in the front. i have the same case and you dont even see the fans, unles you look straight at them

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

8 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

just put the 2 nzxt fans in the front. i have the same case and you dont even see the fans, unles you look straight at them

@Glennieboyyy007 I'm putting a radiator in the front, are you sayingthe back fans are not visible?

Corsair fans suck. Especially the type you're considering for the intended purpose. Unless you want loud dust builders with poor cooling performance, avoid at all costs.

This is from personal experience. I have a pair of SPs for the static pressure that was purchased as part of a 2 pack for a now retired build. On that PC, they were for front intake and the sound was awful and cooling was underwhelming. Went with the SP instead of AF because you need more pressure to pull air through thick rads or filters.

As a test after the fans were removed from that PC, I used 2 SPs on a Cryorig H7 in push pull and not only was the sound much louder, it cooled worst than the quiet stock fan it came with. Since you were considering AF instead of SP fans for a rad, results would be even worst.

14 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Corsair fans suck. Especially the type you're considering for the intended purpose. Unless you want loud dust builders with poor cooling performance, avoid at all costs.

This is from personal experience. I have a pair of SPs for the static pressure that was purchased as part of a 2 pack for a now retired build. On that PC, they were for front intake and the sound was awful and cooling was underwhelming. Went with the SP instead of AF because you need more pressure to pull air through thick rads or filters.

As a test after the fans were removed from that PC, I used 2 SPs on a Cryorig H7 in push pull and not only was the sound much louder, it cooled worst than the quiet stock fan it came with. Since you were considering AF instead of SP fans for a rad, results would be even worst.

@Mooshi @Glennieboyyy007 I've decided on the ThermalTake Riing 12. What do you think?

Also can you recommend a good red LED strip for the case?

I don't have experience with Thermaletake fans outside the stock 200mm that broke on the V21 case (my fault). As for led strips, I'd get one from Bitfenix if you just need it in red since they have magnetic backing.

well, if you stick in an aoi, why dont you use the fans that come with that cooler?

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

6 hours ago, _Ab said:

@Mooshi @Glennieboyyy007 I've decided on the ThermalTake Riing 12. What do you think?

How about the Corsair ML Pro series?  They're not RGB, but are LED (non-LED available too) and from what I've read are really pretty good.

http://thermalbench.com/2016/07/12/corsair-ml120-pro-120-mm-fan/

Way better than the lower tier AF or SP series Corsair fans certainly.  The Riing fans will do a job I'm sure, but you're basically paying for the light show rather than outright quality IMO.  I think they are at a similar level to the SP series fans overall, so they're pretty average.

I did fancy some LED fans myself, but went for regular Bequiet jobs instead (Pure Wings 2), as I value silence over everything else.  I haven't got the fans just yet, but can let you know if they're any good if you like?  I have SP120s still that I can compare them against directly.

On 12-8-2017 at 3:09 PM, _Ab said:

@Glennieboyyy007 I'm putting a radiator in the front, are you sayingthe back fans are not visible?

Hey _AB In mij S340 i cannot see the fans. They are in 'push mode' in front of the radiator. Works perfectly fine for me. So in my case i dont see the fans. Also the NZXT fans do a pretty good job and dont make alot of noise. Concerning the RGB lighting I recommend the NZXT HUE+ wich is also installed in my case. You have a wide variety of effects to choose from and you have endless possibilities to make your own. The CAD software may be a little bitch sometimes but a restart will fix the problem in most cases :)

I've added a pic where you can see the front mounted radiator. 

If you have any further questions let me know :)

P.S. the white gtx970 will be replaced by a brand new Asus ROG STRIX GTX1080TI OC. delivery is set on august 21th ^^ 

IMG_0969.JPG

On 12/8/2017 at 5:56 PM, _Ab said:

I'm getting the NZXT S430 Elite Black/Red edition. Though I was wondering if I should install the Corsair AF120 Instead of the stock fans.

What do you guys think? I'm making a black/red setup.

Go for it. Just built a black/red themed rig in the same case and swapped out the black nzxt exhausts for Corsair's AF 120 red led ones I happened to have lying around. Don't have a fan benchmark but they seem to be working just fine pushing air out.

On 12/8/2017 at 6:39 PM, _Ab said:

putting a radiator in the front, are you sayingthe back fans are not visible?

On 12/8/2017 at 7:12 PM, _Ab said:

I've decided on the ThermalTake Riing 12.

I'm running a H100i V2 cooler and swapped out the (very loud) stock fans for thermaltake riing 12s (red led) for the rad up front in a pull config (as is recomended by Corsair)

On 12/8/2017 at 7:12 PM, _Ab said:

recommend a good red LED strip for the case?

A lot of people with this case and the same aio go with a push config instead for sake of aesthetics because besides being LOUD, they're kind of ugly too lol, and fans up front pushing air through the rad hides them from view.

Here's something to consider though, the thermaltake riings are not pwm fans but work just fine with the splitter cable and you can still set your curves and theywork just fine. They are waay quieter than the stock ones (at least on the h100i), and look pretty.

Get the RGB ones though, same with the LED strip, set em to red and forget about it, that way you have an option to change the look to another color (or switch them off) if you feel like it at some stage in the future, RGB is more than just rainbow disco vomit.

nb2.PNG.8819e09c4513f018a500cff005dd9d7f.PNG

5 hours ago, Bozzel said:

Hey _AB In mij S340 i cannot see the fans. They are in 'push mode' in front of the radiator. Works perfectly fine for me. So in my case i dont see the fans. Also the NZXT fans do a pretty good job and dont make alot of noise. Concerning the RGB lighting I recommend the NZXT HUE+ wich is also installed in my case. You have a wide variety of effects to choose from and you have endless possibilities to make your own. The CAD software may be a little bitch sometimes but a restart will fix the problem in most cases :)

I've added a pic where you can see the front mounted radiator. 

If you have any further questions let me know :)

P.S. the white gtx970 will be replaced by a brand new Asus ROG STRIX GTX1080TI OC. delivery is set on august 21th ^^ 

IMG_0969.JPG

Nice build, man.

Why is the graphics card in the lower slot though, those tubes are fairly flexible, raised aio tubes don't look that bad imo (they're not like cables you need to hide away). Give your card a bit more breathing room that way too.

35 minutes ago, strat guy said:

Nice build, man.

Why is the graphics card in the lower slot though, those tubes are fairly flexible, raised aio tubes don't look that bad imo (they're not like cables you need to hide away). Give your card a bit more breathing room that way too.

I had the graphics card installed in the lower slot because i could see more of the ROG logo on the chipset heatsink. Soon it will be in the top slot becasue it will be replaced by a 1080ti wich takes 2.5 slots in space. I dont think it will fit in the bottom slot and besides that it won't have optimal airflow for the 1080 when its in the lower slot. I'll post pics in the correct topic for this when i installed the new GPU. It will look even more badass than it already looks now B|

13 minutes ago, Bozzel said:

I had the graphics card installed in the lower slot because i could see more of the ROG logo on the chipset heatsink. Soon it will be in the top slot becasue it will be replaced by a 1080ti wich takes 2.5 slots in space. I dont think it will fit in the bottom slot and besides that it won't have optimal airflow for the 1080 when its in the lower slot. I'll post pics in the correct topic for this when i installed the new GPU. It will look even more badass than it already looks now B|

Cool. Also consider some led/rgb ram maybe, I was running mine for a week on some random ddr4 sticks with semi exposed pcbs while waiting for the corsair ones, and these lit up ram sticks really make every thing else look nicer too.

Shame about the price of ram these days but definitely worth the investment from an aesthetics pov.

2 minutes ago, strat guy said:

Cool. Also consider some led/rgb ram maybe, I was running mine for a week on some random ddr4 sticks with semi exposed pcbs while waiting for the corsair ones, and these lit up ram sticks really make every thing else look nicer too.

Shame about the price of ram these days but definitely worth the investment from an aesthetics pov.

G.Skill Trident Z RGB are on the list. First need to save some money again for the next big upgrade  ;)