CONSOLE KILLER PC????

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yes, there was a 1030 :P  It's around a 750 Ti iirc which was pretty decent for a long time and is still usable for older things

It's more along the lines of a 750 than a 750 Ti. The low-end GPU line looks something like this:

1050 > 460/560 > 750 Ti > 1030 > 550 > 750

Could be mistaken on 1030/550. I've seen more than one place that the RX 550 really just isn't very good at much of anything, certainly not worth the price. Of course, the 1030 is hardly worth the price itself right now. Once they both hit $60, I'm interested. I have a SFF Optiplex 755 with a Q6600 that's dying to add a 1030 or 550 to the family when prices allow.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yes, there was a 1030 :P  It's around a 750 Ti iirc which was pretty decent for a long time and is still usable for older things

I initially bought one and it performed about on par with the 550 ti I was upgrading except the 550 ti had more room to overclock. All in all in heaven benchmark the overclocked 550 ti and even a firepro v5800 overclocked out performed it. Exchanged it the next day for a rx460 which ended up being defective. Swapped for a 1050 the day after that.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

1050 > 460/560 > 750 Ti > 1030 > 550 > 750

(1050 > 460/560 > 750 Ti > 1030 > 550 > 750) > no gpu

2 minutes ago, Samson_ST said:

(1050 > 460/560 > 750 Ti > 1030 > 550 > 750) > no gpu

If you're really going with an A8, no GPU is a viable option. The APU will hold you over (albeit you won't be playing many games) for a couple of months while you pinch pennies for a 1050 or a 560.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

If you're really going with an A8, no GPU is a viable option. The APU will hold you over (albeit you won't be playing many games) for a couple of months while you pinch pennies for a 1050 or a 560.

ok

4 hours ago, Samson_ST said:

ive came done to this pc...

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/FV8Kr7

its only AUD $484

I have the A10-7800 in my HTPC and while you can play games at 720p, low/mid settings but even then there are occasional frame drops. While the APU is very similar to the APU in the consoles, the main difference being the games on consoles are coded to the machine. This is one of the biggest advantages of consoles, you are able to draw out a lot more performance from the parts. 

14 minutes ago, Shura said:

While the APU is very similar to the APU in the consoles, the main difference being the games on consoles are coded to the machine. 

Well, no, your biggest problem is that the graphics portion APUs in PCs are much smaller.  AMD's most powerful APUs have HALF the graphics hardware of an Xbox One and even less than the standard PS4.  I had really hoped that the relatively huge GPUs in console chops would trickle down to AMD's desttop APUs but it never happened.

3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Well, no, your biggest problem is that the graphics portion APUs in PCs are much smaller.  AMD's most powerful APUs have HALF the graphics hardware of an Xbox One and even less than the standard PS4.  I had really hoped that the relatively huge GPUs in console chops would trickle down to AMD's desttop APUs but it never happened.

The consoles basically are APUs aren't they so it would have made sense

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 8/12/2017 at 0:39 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Edit: There are many problems with your build so far.  First of all, there is zero reason to get an FX CPU now with Ryzen out.  Next, I'm pretty sure the ps4 pro is more powerful than a 460 (but if someone knows better feel free to correct me on that).

If I remember right the PS4 Pro graphic unit is based off the RX 480, so unless someone can fit a 480 or a 1060 in a build for less than the price of a PS4 Pro then... :( 

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

PS4 Pro graphic unit is based off the RX 480

nope, ps4 pro as 4.20 tflops, Xbox one X is is a modified rx480/580 with 6tflops. 

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

nope, ps4 pro as 4.20 tflops, Xbox one X is is a modified rx480/580 with 6tflops. 

Yup, thanks for the correction!

I did remembered wrong, seems it's a custom Polaris chip that sits right under the RX 470 (I knew it was Polaris though :P );

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/53826/ps4-pro-uses-amd-polaris-gpu-sits-below-rx-470/index.html

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !