R5 1600 running way to slowly

So ive had my system for about 2 days now and i have had some time to get drivers and all of that loaded up but there seems to be a problem after the latest motherboard flash i performed 

for reference the system is 
R5 1600
asus x370 prime 
16gb 3000 mhz ram (2933)

gtx 1060 6gb
250 gb 960 evo
2tb barracuda
650 w evga psu

So if i leave the cpu clock by itself then the cpu runs fine at a boost of about 3.4 ghz which is all find and dandy, then if i try and overclock (in bios) then it starts going a little wonky running the cpu at the set voltage i had for it but having the clock at about 1540 mhz or so. which... is annoying and when i tried using the ryzen master software there was nothing i could do.. apparently the cpu was actually running at 1.0 volts when i had set it in bios to 1.35 for an overclock of 3.9 (ran stable before i installed the 0805 bios update (doing this also allowed me to run my ram at more than 2666 mhz without the system shutting off immediately

so this is all the information i have right now... Cpuz is also showing that the cpu is running with the 1.35 volts i had set in bios. And when i tried running the ryzen master software after i had an overclock enabled ( after the bios update) the whole system would crash... ive been dealing with this now for several hours to no avail... should i just install a slightly older bios update and hope it works? (Before this i had 0503 or something like that (it was the stock bios on the board) with which i got the stable 3.9 ghz overclock i had originally 

Revert the bios

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

20 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Revert the bios

really? ... first how but second, ... i guess the only real reason i want the overclocking is for the shiny 4ghz hahahah but  how doth one revert the bios? 

before this update i had the stock bios that the board came with

2 minutes ago, RickyD96 said:

before this update i had the stock bios that the board came with

Go to ASUS's website, they should have the original bios.  Get that and do the same bios update but with the older one.

Edited by Damascus
Asus not msi

Just now, Damascus said:

Go to ASUS's website, they should have the original bios.  Get that and do the same bios update but with the older one.

Asus but yeh they do seem to have the right bios, im going to give it a shot with the "middle ground" one (the update between this new one and the one the board came with) a shot 

!!!!! alert @Damascus "the selected file is not a proper bios" im using the asus easy flash utility... would a "re-flash" maybe do the trick?

(additional info:)
when i try and use cinebench the program seems to be able to detect that i want my cpu to run at 3.5, 3.9 or whatever i set it to but the actual clock stays around 1540 or so 

Huh,  what are to checking frequency with?

both cpu z and ryzen master software report a frequency of ~1.550ghz though and cinebench seems to be taking the information directly from the motherboard as far as i can tell. (multiplyers and all of that nonsense) 

(also note that when running on auto setting the system works fine)

also the ryzen software reports a solid 1 volt of power going into the cpu where cpuz doesn't (*checks stock speeds yep boosting to 3.5 ghz no problem now at stock... im going to attempt getting the ram back where it was at 2666 (current 2933 and 2800 not working it seems like) 

it seems to be only when i change the voltage... when i leave the cpu to run at "Auto" voltage and try bumping up the clocks it works...

@Damascus