is my i7 7700k really supposed to have these temps??

Just now, zindan said:

Lower temps result in longer cpu life span. Deliding seems kind of important afterall don't you think ?

Yes thats obvious and something I know. Delidding will get the absolute best out of your cpu if you want high overclocks. If you leave it at stock it will last like 15+ years without needing to delid. Don't delid unless you intend to overclock because if you don't know what you are doing you can kill your CPU

Just now, zindan said:

if I delid I will pay someone professional to do it. 

It's not worth it. Your CPU will easily last you tens of years with your temps. It's an unnecessary expense. PC parts generally don't die very easily.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Yes thats obvious and something I know. Delidding will get the absolute best out of your cpu if you want high overclocks. If you leave it at stock it will last like 15+ years without needing to delid. Don't delid unless you intend to overclock because if you don't know what you are doing you can kill your CPU

15 years wooow. But if I let some professional guy do it then it should be fine ye? 

Just now, BingoFishy said:

It's not worth it. Your CPU will easily last you tens of years with your temps. It's an unnecessary expense. PC parts generally don't die very easily.

Alright. Thank you man. 

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Are you going to overclock? If not don't do it.

I'm not sure. Should I overclock it? 

Just now, zindan said:

Please take a look at what he says at 00:25. 

Lower temps result in longer cpu life span. Deliding seems kind of important afterall don't you think ?

Not going above 60-70C....not a big deal. Lower temps probably not running it a 90-100C all the time....

Running the CPU at stock clocks/voltage is going to be fine, nothing to worry about provided cooling is adequate. Delidding a CPU that you're never going to overclock is pointless, it's just those people are running at high voltages/clocks 1.3+ that cause it get hot in the first place. 

22 minutes ago, zindan said:

My sisters pc has a i5 7600k with the corsair h60 water cooler and on idle its 26 Celcius and like 50-55 when gaming

My pc have a Corsair h115i water cooler and a i7 7700k idle is never below 31 Celcius and gaming (depends on the game) 50-60 Celcius. Why is the i7 7700k hotter than the i5? What's the matter? 

Did I get a bad one? Should I return it in the store? 

It's perfectly fine with those temps. If you were seeing 80c+ under load, then I'd be questioning it, but those temps, they're perfectly fine.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just now, TheKDub said:

It's perfectly fine with those temps. If you were seeing 80c+ under load, then I'd be questioning it, but those temps, they're perfectly fine.

Okay, if I ever see 80 Celcius or 75 I'l have someone delid it. 

4 minutes ago, zindan said:

It increases performance but shortens lifespan. You have to research overclocking and decide whether its worth it for you. As an enthusiast I enjoy tinkering and squeezing the absolute most out of my parts but I also know the risk involved in doing so. For example higher clocks and voltage will reduce its life but even if (and im exaggerating here) I reduced its life to <5 years that doesn't matter to me as an enthusiast I know i'll be upgrading it before then anyway.

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

It increases performance but shortens lifespan. You have to research overclocking and decide whether its worth it for you. As an enthusiast I enjoy tinkering and squeezing the absolute most out of my parts but I also know the risk involved in doing so. For example higher clocks and voltage will reduce its life but even if (and im exaggerating here) I reduced its like to <5 years that doesn't matter to me as an enthusiast I know i'll be upgrading it before then anyway.

if it lasts 8 years it is perfectly fine I will have a new one before then. Maybe I should consider it.

DON'T DELID IT, LEAVE IT ALONE. THOSE TEMPS ARE GREAT AND WONT HARM THE CPU. DONT RISK DOING ANYTHING. 

If you must do something try better thermal paste, though idk what you have.

Just now, TheNeonWhiteOne said:

DON'T DELID IT, LEAVE IT ALONE. THOSE TEMPS ARE GREAT AND WONT HARM THE CPU. DONT RISK DOING ANYTHING. 

If you must do something try better thermal paste, though idk what you have.

I have this one, what do you think about this one? https://www.netonnet.se/art/datorkomponenter/kylning/kylpasta/arctic-cooling-mx-2-thermal-8-gram/181329.9166/

Just now, TheNeonWhiteOne said:

thats fine. Just leave the cpu alone 60° under load is healthy

What should I download to really push the cpu and monitor the temp at the same time? just to make sure it doesen't get to high.-

20 minutes ago, zindan said:

Woow, so I could have like idle at 10Celcius? That would make me kind of scared wouldn't you be scared? 

Really greatful for the help, one more question though. Is it bad on a long term period to have delided your cpu? Does the "deliding" need some kind of maintnence? 

Not quite that much, would help at load though. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

1 hour ago, zindan said:

What should I download to really push the cpu and monitor the temp at the same time? just to make sure it doesen't get to high.-

why do you need to push it? the temps you have are FINE under load. 100% synthetic load is not realistic and don't represent anything useful for you except e-peen waving. unless you're overclocking, just leave it how it is..if you don't know if you want to overclock, leave it until you make a decision.

You don't buy a turbo kit for a car on the off chance you want to take it to track days at some point.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

7 hours ago, zindan said:

Usually when you ask that you shouldn't. 

60c is fine, you are safe up to around 80c, that's when i would call it quits as far as overclocking etc.

MAD-BOX Ryzen 1600X - ASRock X370 Killer SLI - Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO+  -Fried it... RIP

Xeon e5640 4.35ghz, CoolerMaster Seidon 240V, ASUS P6X58D-E, DDR3 8GB 1636mhz CL9, Sapphire Fury Nitro OC+, 2x Stone age storage @ 7200RPM, Crucial 960GB SSD, NZXT S340, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution, Steelseries RIVAL, Mechanical Metal keyboard, Boogie Bug Aimb mouse pad.

9 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

It's impossible to idle at 10 degrees celsius. Unless you're using LN2 or liquid helium or phase change cooling or something there's no way for your CPU to be cooler than room temp. 30 degrees is referring to load temps, and likely only with a higher temp than 60 degrees.

Delidding is when you remove the heat spreader, apply a better thermal paste/liquid metal, then put the heat spreader back on. It does not require additional maintenance. However, it's a risky process that can easily kill your CPU if you're not careful. Since you already have great temps it's definitely not worth the risk.

you dont want to be this person:

image.jpg

yes thats a 6700k :(

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

9 hours ago, zindan said:

Ahh, okay. But I would like the cpu to be cooler actually. Deeliding doesen't sound like a very bad idea

You for real? You didn't bother to do a quick google search about 7700k average temps and now you're thinking about deliding? And on top of that after 3+ people with a lot of posts tell you you're actually fine you're still questioning their replies? You should throw your pc in the fridge, maybe you'd be happy with the temps then.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

2 hours ago, themctipers said:

-chip-

was*

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

2 hours ago, themctipers said:

image.jpg

How did that happend? by removing the steel thing above it? I thought there was tools with them.