Sound Editing Workstation

Hi guys, first post here, looking for suggestions on my first desktop to build a workstation primarily for using Pro Tools or other audio editing softwares, and video editing suites like Premiere Pro. I am a college student getting my degree in Film and TV in my second year, and need an upgrade from my 2013 Macbook Air lmao. I will not be buying yet until spring next year.

I would prefer an AMD processor (if you guys think it's okay for this kinda thing), 32gb of ram, and a 7200rpm 1Tb harddrive (with a bootup ssd).

I would also like the case to be minimalistic and white, but the more usb ports, the better.

1. Budget & Location

I am in Canada, and my budget is $2500 CAD.

2. Aim

Primarily for post-sound editing and video editing, with a bit of 1080p gaming and streaming on max settings for most games (I wouldn't be using a 1080p resolution for when I'm working though).

3. Monitors

One monitor, maybe around the 27" size, at least 2K resolution.

4. Peripherals

I'll need a keyboard with a numpad, a mouse I plan on buying a MX Master 2S, and I'll need a copy of Windows 10.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I currently only have a mid 2013 Macbook Air that works just like brand new after all these years, but isn't capable of running Pro Tools that well. Will only be using it to watch Youtube and other casual stuff.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, RomanDarkArtist said:

Hi guys, first post here, looking for suggestions on my first desktop to build a workstation primarily for using Pro Tools or other audio editing softwares, and video editing suites like Premiere Pro. I am a college student getting my degree in Film and TV in my second year, and need an upgrade from my 2013 Macbook Air lmao. I will not be buying yet until spring next year.

I would prefer an AMD processor (if you guys think it's okay for this kinda thing), 32gb of ram, and a 7200rpm 1Tb harddrive (with a bootup ssd).

I would also like the case to be minimalistic and white, but the more usb ports, the better.

1. Budget & Location

I am in Canada, and my budget is $2500 CAD.

2. Aim

Primarily for post-sound editing and video editing, with a bit of 1080p gaming and streaming on max settings for most games (I wouldn't be using a 1080p resolution for when I'm working though).

3. Monitors

One monitor, maybe around the 27" size, at least 2K resolution.

4. Peripherals

I'll need a keyboard with a numpad, a mouse I plan on buying a MX Master 2S, and I'll need a copy of Windows 10.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I currently only have a mid 2013 Macbook Air that works just like brand new after all these years, but isn't capable of running Pro Tools that well. Will only be using it to watch Youtube and other casual stuff.

Thanks!

There is no point planning a build that is six or more months away. We know of at least one Intel generation that will be out before the end of the year and another that may be out before you are ready to purchase. I suspect AMD will also have something.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.