Ram sticks for Ryzen 1700

Ram sticks for Ryzen 1700 on Asus Crosshair VI.

RGB is cool but I am worried about SPD crashes and all.

Thanks. And have a good day.

Anything that is on the QVL for that board will work.  Trident Z is pretty good RGB RAM from what I hear. 

Generally go for the dual stick kits if you can (3200mhz).

there are a couple of good ram sets you can get, but they are none RBG.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232409&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID= these are Cl 14 3200 and have the color scheme of silver and black, which is going to fit the C6H very well.

classic black sticks:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232217&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

or just Flare X 3200 CL14.

I don't know if there is a RBG set on their list, but all of those kits are on the list.

This set may work, but I cannot guarantee anything. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gT38TW/gskill-tridentz-rgb-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-f4-3200c14d-16gtzr

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I'm running Corsair's RGB ram on my 1700x rig.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I'm currently in the same boat i've not upgraded in a while currently using 8350 and a 280x and i've ordered a 1800x hero Vi board and everything except my ram and gpu i want rgb also. But i've not seen any on the qvl list and heard stories of g skills program and aura sync stopping the leds working altogether just don't want to be stuck waiting/taking a risk 

Flare X from G.Skill suppose to be good and made for AMD Ryzen.
I myself went for a Team Group Dark Pro 3200 with Samsung B Die IC's and i mailed TG to confirm it works with Ryzen.

check the Ryzen Ram Guide in my signature

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

10 minutes ago, HisEvilness said:

Flare X from G.Skill suppose to be good and made for AMD Ryzen.
I myself went for a Team Group Dark Pro 3200 with Samsung B Die IC's and i mailed TG to confirm it works with Ryzen.

everything works with Ryzen, silly PCMR'r... just at base JDEC speed...

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

2 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

everything works with Ryzen, silly PCMR'r... just at base JDEC speed...

There is Working with Ryzen and "Working with Ryzen" in this case it would be the first at the advertised speeds.
I believe that is the question here, infinity fabric also benefits from faster RAM even more so than Intel.

1 minute ago, HisEvilness said:

There is Working with Ryzen and "Working with Ryzen" in this case it would be the first at the advertised speeds.
I believe that is the question here, infinity fabric also benefits from faster RAM even more so than Intel.

It does need to be on the manufacturer's QVL though, which i believe was said earlier. I just cannot emphasize that point enough to people looking to buy their RAM kit for Ryzen CPUs.

System specs:

Just now, knightslugger said:

It does need to be on the manufacturer's QVL though, which i believe was said earlier. I just cannot emphasize that point enough to people looking to buy their RAM kit for Ryzen CPUs.

Very true QVL lists are not up to date hence I mailed the company in question and asked them directly if the RAM sticks in question work with Ryzen and what IC"s they used for this specific RAM.
I did end up with bad ram sticks for Ryzen why I need to replace them as they will simply not run at the advertised speeds.

1 hour ago, knightslugger said:

I'm running Corsair's RGB ram on my 1700x rig.

Can you say which one specifically?

8 minutes ago, Cool_BoyD^-^ said:

Can you say which one specifically?

CMR16GX4M2C3466C16

the Flare X 3200MHz kit is a far better choice, but alas... no RGB...

System specs:

I am running Hynix Corsair fairly fine and they arent on QVL

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

3 minutes ago, Cool_BoyD^-^ said:

Guys is this one good? CMU32GX4M2C3000C15

should be fine but avoid 4 sticks, 2 work better. They need to be single rank

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

I just bought these and was wondering if they are compatible with Ryzen, or if I need to return them for something that will work.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ybrcCJ/gskill-tridentz-rgb-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-f4-3200c16d-16gtzr

I bought the Crosshair VI and still waiting on it so I can't test it yet. The QVL is not updated too.

4 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I just bought these and was wondering if they are compatible with Ryzen, or if I need to return them for something that will work.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ybrcCJ/gskill-tridentz-rgb-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-f4-3200c16d-16gtzr

I bought the Crosshair VI and still waiting on it so I can't test it yet. They QVL is not updated too.

they are NOT on the QVL for that board.

If you want 3200MHz, you have to choose one of these for guaranteed performance.

Capture.PNG.8274b5f6789b00350199bfdb5b8cef95.PNG

System specs:

2 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

they are NOT on the QVL for that board.

If you want 3200MHz, you have to choose one of these for guaranteed performance.

That QVL was last updated in March. I might just email ASUS to verify compatibility. I don't want to return these just yet in case they are now compatible. Plus I got them on sale, and they're RGB!

Just now, Dissitesuxba11s said:

That QVL was last updated in March. I might just email ASUS to verify compatibility. I don't want to return these just yet in case they are now compatible. Plus I got them on sale, and they're RGB!

good idea.

System specs:

• 4 weeks later...

I know this was posted on august 10th originally but I thought I would make this clear that you all need to STOP obsessing over RGB, Pull your socks and britches up like adults, Stop crying about RGB and just use what's on the damn QVL. G.Skill makes the absolute BEST Ryzen compatible kit and for those of you fools saying to only use two chips in one kit you are just that fools, FOUR sticks of G.Skill Flare X work perfectly fine at DDR4 3200 speeds, that's 32 gigabytes of RAM which is more than enough for most games. If you need more, Buy a Threadripper, and use 4 Flare X 3200 kits in the board for a total of 64 gigs of ram.Plain and simple folks. Most of the memory manufacturers are releasing QVL's of their own as well for what's compatible and what's not. Check with the manufacturer of each brand of memory, I've seen Patriots list and it's very impressive, however The timings of the approved kits are not as tight of timings as the best kit available which is the FLARE X at 3200 which is running at 15-15-15-34. Don't go to the board manufacturers until you have looked online at the Ram maker's lists.

Peace and love,

Maverick Wolfe

PS. I've been involved in the industry one way or another since I first got my paws on a PC in 1990-91. My experiences, albeit these days because of forums coming and going along with other issues such as hackers and database crashes most of my posts or stories along with reviews no longer exist. I have an extensive research background with power supplies and other critical components as well as MANY different things regarding Technology.  I also worked in the low voltage field as a cable installer/apprentice for over 20 years learning so that until the unfortunate demise of the family business the plan was for me to eventually take the reigns as a lead installation technician. If you've got questions, I've likely got answers.