Sacrifises: Which GPU?

narscious

A 270X + 120GB SSD + 4GB RAM

A 280X + 4GB RAM

760 + 8GB RAM

Processor is i5-4430

Case is Fractal Core 1000 mATX. There's one 120mm fan at the front.

Should I get a blower or open style cooler?

Do I need to buy additional fans if i were to buy graphics card with an open air cooler?

Thanks.

If it's gaming you're after then definitely 280X + 4GB of RAM. For a more balanced config always get the SSD.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

The case is a pile of shit, trust me you will regret it, get the 270x, a better case and 8gb ram, maybe an ssd if you can fit in. Trust me, the core 1000 is not fit for a gpu over $150/£150, it also has horrid cable routing, its a bad case so please dont get it. If you already have the case then get the 270x shit, a bunch of case fans because you will need the exhaust and 8gb ram, maybe a ssd if possible.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You need more than 4GB for gaming, get the 760 with 8GB.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

A 270X + 120GB SSD + 4GB RAM

A 280X + 4GB RAM

760 + 8GB RAM

Processor is i5-4430

Case is Fractal Core 1000 mATX. There's one 120mm fan at the front.

Should I get a blower or open style cooler?

Do I need to buy additional fans if i were to buy graphics card with an open air cooler?

Thanks.

I have a core 1000 and a 7850 open and i have installed a 120mm intake and exhaust but made hardly any difference, however take into account your cpu cooler.

Main: AMD Athlon X4 750K| Coolermaster Hyper TX3 EVO | Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-HD2 | 8GB Kingston 1333mhz | WD Caviar Green 1tb | Coolermaster N200 | OCZ coreXstream 500w | Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB | |Kingston 3k ssd 128gb |

The case is a pile of shit, trust me you will regret it, get the 270x, a better case and 8gb ram, maybe an ssd if you can fit in. Trust me, the core 1000 is not fit for a gpu over $150/£150, it also has horrid cable routing, its a bad case so please dont get it. If you already have the case then get the 270x shit, a bunch of case fans because you will need the exhaust and 8gb ram, maybe a ssd if possible.

Have you used the Core 1000 before?

If it's gaming you're after then definitely 280X + 4GB of RAM. For a more balanced config always get the SSD.

4gb ram is very bad, ive delt with it for a while before now, things like borderlands 2, bf3 hell even skyrim and blacklight would go over 4gb of ram, then the system would lock up as it uses hdd cache, its not a option if you are getting a sexy gpu, it would one hell of a bottleneck.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I have a core 1000 and a 7850 open and i have installed a 120mm intake and exhaust but made hardly any difference, however take into account your cpu cooler.

Do you like the core 1000, i honestly dont have anything positive to say about it, it is a stain in fractal designs name.

Listen if you care.

So should I just go ahead and buy 280X? No extra fans?

Do you like the core 1000, i honestly dont have anything positive to say about it, it is a stain in fractal designs name.

I just want a box to put the components in. And I want that box to not blow up when I put a 270x in it.

That's all I want it to do.

Don't care about Cable management since I have modular power supply.

Get the 270x.   Leave the SSD for now and get yourself a 1TB hard drive and 8GB of RAM.  Or if you really want an SSD which will make a huge improvement when NOT gaming then go with the 760, an SSD and 8GB of RAM.  Hope this helps :)

Have you used the Core 1000 before?

built in it once for a customer, i regret it, its like that those weird types of medicine, tastes horrid and when you think make it gives your tastebuds nightmares, honestly, if you want ill throw some better cases in your direction, i really dont want anyone falling into the trap of getting the case, the airflow it bad, cable management is bad, top mounted psu is shameful, no exhaust fans, even aerocool provides a better deal.

Listen if you care.

I just want a box to put the components in. And I want that box to not blow up when I put a 270x in it.

That's all I want it to do.

Don't care about Cable management since I have modular power supply.

You need more airflow if you are getting a high caliber system, coolermaster n200 or any zalman case, they load those cases with tons of fans, the external design isnt amazing but your components with be 5-15oc cooler(not a over reaction, i tested it). 1 fan versus 4, the answer is a no brainer. 

Listen if you care.

You need more airflow if you are getting a high caliber system, coolermaster n200 or any zalman case, they load those cases with tons of fans, the external design isnt amazing but your components with be 5-15oc cooler(not a over reaction, i tested it). 1 fan versus 4, the answer is a no brainer. 

I don't need a system to be mere 5 or 15 degrees cooler.

Sarcifice the SSD, get the 280X and 8gigs of ram, 4gigs is just not enough, at all... And that case :(

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Sarcifice the SSD, get the 280X and 8gigs of ram, 4gigs is just not enough, at all... And that case :(

The options present were the only economically available options for me.

I... can't afford 8GB of RAM.

Depends on the size of your case. If it's small and doesn't have good airflow, Blower. If it's big and has decent airflow get an open cooler.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

If you are fine with your gpu being at 90oc, im not comfortable with that

Listen if you care.

For the price it's a good case, tough not suitable for a gaming rig for sure. I'd step up to Corsair 200R, it offers plenty of ventilation and cable routing options for just a little more.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

You can, if you don't take an SSD, it's good to have an SSD, but a good HDD is enough. Just wait more to get the SSD, prices will drop, and get the 280X and 8gigs of RAM, only advice I can give you.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

The n200 is great. 

I swear the thought process behind the design is probably 'Let's make this look like a boring office case'

5 or 15 degrees is not mere.

Where are you shopping?

Also blower or open cooler?

Open is better 99% of the time.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.