Help with IP and stuff

M00N834MS

So, Im trying to set up a server. We recently moved so we got a new router and i finally got router accesses.

So when i try port forwarding everything works but then i noticed my ip is 10.0.0.1 and i dont know why. So i cant setup as server using it. My brother has a different ip. All other users have a different ip

I have a ZyXEL P8702N 

7 hours ago, M00N834MS said:

So, Im trying to set up a server. We recently moved so we got a new router and i finally got router accesses.

So when i try port forwarding everything works but then i noticed my ip is 10.0.0.1 and i dont know why. So i cant setup as server using it. My brother has a different ip. All other users have a different ip

I have a ZyXEL P8702N 

As in your internet facing IP address? If so, your provider is using carrier grade NAT. Your going to be screwed on setting up the server if they infact are. Because that means you have to convince the ISP to open ports for you. Most ISPs dont allow servers to touch the internet. So yeah. 

Now if its just your routers internal IP address then all is good. As 10.0.0.1 is simular to 192.168.X.X, they are both private IP address or Class C addresses. They are not internet routable, they are used on the internal side of the router, basically the ip addresses that are assigned to your computers and stuff. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

As in your internet facing IP address? If so, your provider is using carrier grade NAT. Your going to be screwed on setting up the server if they infact are. Because that means you have to convince the ISP to open ports for you. Most ISPs dont allow servers to touch the internet. So yeah. 

Now if its just your routers internal IP address then all is good. As 10.0.0.1 is simular to 192.168.X.X, they are both private IP address or Class C addresses. They are not internet routable, they are used on the internal side of the router, basically the ip addresses that are assigned to your computers and stuff. 

Hes right your fucked.