New PC won't connect to internet through Ethernet cable

ErikB23

Hi all,

I just hooked up my pc to the monitor and also plugged in the ethernet cable but it doesn't recognize the connection?

anybody have any tips or what I have to do to fix it?

image.jpg

you probably have to download the ithernet driver from another pc, put it on a usb stuck and install it.

i had the same problem

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

Go to CMD and type ipconfig. Go to your local area connection and see what ip address you're getting. If it's a 169.254.x.x IP address, you will need to manually assign an IP from your IPv4 configuration in your network adapter properties.

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

24 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

you probably have to download the ithernet driver from another pc, put it on a usb stuck and install it.

i had the same problem

Its not driver related. Hes getting a link which means the driver is working.

Hes either not getting a lease or something is just up with the router.

36 minutes ago, Gungpae said:

Go to CMD and type ipconfig. Go to your local area connection and see what ip address you're getting. If it's a 169.254.x.x IP address, you will need to manually assign an IP from your IPv4 configuration in your network adapter properties.

I'm sorry could you give me some more information, not really the smartest guy if it's about pc's haha

Go to the command prompt and type in "ipconfig" without the quotes, and see if your computer is getting an IP address from your router. If you want to, go ahead and screenshot or copy and paste the info from that into this thread so that we can look at it and see what is going wrong.

Good luck!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

43 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Its not driver related. Hes getting a link which means the driver is working.

Hes either not getting a lease or something is just up with the router.

It could be driver related. I had the same thing happen with a friend's PC at a LAN event - it was giving the yellow caution flag. I downloaded some drivers for him and it worked like a charm after that. Driver's are fucking weird.

If you have an motherboard with a Killer NIC, OP, I bet its a driver related issue. Download the drivers from the manufacturer and install them on your PC and come back at us.

thebros35, out.

20 minutes ago, AndrewReaganM said:

Go to the command prompt and type in "ipconfig" without the quotes, and see if your computer is getting an IP address from your router. If you want to, go ahead and screenshot or copy and paste the info from that into this thread so that we can look at it and see what is going wrong.

Good luck!

This is what I'm seeing and still the yellow sign at the network...

image.jpg

See what happens when you type in "ping 8.8.8.8" in the command prompt. This is Google's DNS server, and I want you to try this so that we can see if DNS is your issue.

Report back with the results of this, and I think we can get you going. :) 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

2 minutes ago, AndrewReaganM said:

See what happens when you type in "ping 8.8.8.8" in the command prompt. This is Google's DNS server, and I want you to try this so that we can see if DNS is your issue.

Report back with the results of this, and I think we can get you going. :) 

image.jpg

First, make sure you are plugged into your router/switch correctly, then try the built in Windows troubleshooting tool by right clicking on the network icon in the system tray and finding that feature (I can't remember where it is off the top of my head). If that does not work, try your best to install the network drivers. and run the troubleshooting again.

Your computer does not seem to be getting the correct IP settings from the DHCP server on your router.

Spoiler

I forgot to install the MOBO driver cd..... Sorry guys! haha

Haha no worries! Glad you figured it out!

Spoiler