Custom Picture disks - Vinylart.co

spwath

I found this cool place, can make you a custom picture disk with any 5 mins of audio on it.
http://vinylart.co/

Decided to try it out.
Ordered a disk over a month ago, finally got it today. Package was stamped "Mis-sent to Uganda"
Not sure how the send it to Uganda instead of USA...
Anyway, its here.
First thing, you have to place the needle in the actual song. There is no lead up groove. Just a space for it. Try to put it in that space, and the needle falls off the record onto the platter... not good.
Also, it skips more than a normal record would with a slight touch of the turntable.
And, it doesn't sound too good either, very harsh highs.
But, I didn't buy it for playing, I bought it for looks. If you want a cool looks piece, this is it.
Looks like its clear vinyl with a big sticker type thing on one side, so its only one sided.

WP_20170801_11_10_27_Pro.jpg
WP_20170801_11_15_30_Pro.jpg

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Cool!

Typo in your title though ;) 

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

2 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

Cool!

Typo in your title though ;) 

what typo?

edit: Nvm

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

3 hours ago, spwath said:

I found this cool place, can make you a custom picture disk with any 5 mins of audio on it.
http://vinylart.co/

Decided to try it out.
Ordered a disk over a month ago, finally got it today. Package was stamped "Mis-sent to Uganda"
Not sure how the send it to Uganda instead of USA...
Anyway, its here.
First thing, you have to place the needle in the actual song. There is no lead up groove. Just a space for it. Try to put it in that space, and the needle falls off the record onto the platter... not good.
Also, it skips more than a normal record would with a slight touch of the turntable.
And, it doesn't sound too good either, very harsh highs.
But, I didn't buy it for playing, I bought it for looks. If you want a cool looks piece, this is it.
Looks like its clear vinyl with a big sticker type thing on one side, so its only one sided.

I think this will look good in my new flat. Ill put it up next to brash and bold painting.

WtjZzu2rT7WFsHw4hZI7Sg.png

How does it sound compared to other picture discs?

Picture discs are notorious for sounding terrible.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

How does it sound compared to other picture discs?

Picture discs are notorious for sounding terrible.

I don't have others. But looking closer, its not a true picture disk. Its clear material that the song is cut into, an a sticker is stuck on the other side. So the picture isn't on the part being played. But the material being played seems of poor quality, as it has to be very clear, unlike clear vinyl. Thin, flimsy, and just sounds bad.

2 hours ago, spwath said:

I don't have others. But looking closer, its not a true picture disk. Its clear material that the song is cut into, an a sticker is stuck on the other side. So the picture isn't on the part being played. But the material being played seems of poor quality, as it has to be very clear, unlike clear vinyl. Thin, flimsy, and just sounds bad.

The music is probably cut into clear foil then.

That's what is used on cheap picture discs.

If that is indeed the case it'll sound more like a flexi disc than a vinyl record.

This the main reason why I've always avoided picture discs.

Although, as you said, this is more of an an aesthetical product rather than an actual audio product.

It could be a great novelty gift, I guess.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

The music is probably cut into clear foil then.

That's what is used on cheap picture discs.

If that is indeed the case it'll sound more like a flexible disc than a vinyl record.

This the main reason why I've always avoided picture discs.

Although, as you said, this ois more of an an aesthetical product rather than an actual audio product.

It could be a great novelty gift, I guess.

Yeah, it is pretty cool, and if you pay extra, it comes with a frame that you can put it in, with a magnetic way to remove it easily.