Odd OCing issue, possibly bad RAM?

Hi all,

In my previous PC, I was using 16GB of 3200Mhz Corsair LPX Vengeance memory. It sported a 7700k, but I always trouble with overclocking

During stress, the PC would seemingly freeze for 3-4 seconds, and then carry on as if nothing happened. I chalked it down to a below average 7700k, and thought little more of it.

However, I have recently transferred over to a Ryzen PC, with a 1700X and the same sticks of memory (using an Aorus X370 Gaming 5 board).

The issue, oddly, is still there. Micro freezes during stress, even at stock settings (i.e. CPU at stock, RAM not using the XMP profile). It's baffling as the PC seems to cope with stress just fine, even when aggressively overclocked to the 4Ghz barrier. 4GHz passes Realbench @ 1.4v (1.39v crashed after a time).

Temps are WELL in check.

Could the issue (being the only part of the PC that stayed the same, save for GPU/PSU) be the memory? It seems odd, even at stock. The system seems totally stable day to day, except when it is stressed. The odds of having two dodgy CPUs/boards are next to none, I'd have thought.

Thoughts?

I don't think this normal, as I see others doing Cinebench/Realbench runs and it never hitches or does a micro freeze. I'd have thought if the system was semi unstable, it would just crash?

Maybey its the RAM speeds adding more limitations to your overclocking. 1.4V is a lot of volts being applied to your CPU.

Try disconnecting HDDs (or SSDs, or whatever else you might be using), run some Lunix off USB instead, see if the problem stays.

Also try leaving only one memory board.