Headphone recommendations?

Jambaman10

So I am looking for very well built headphones for 100$ - 150$. I am no audiophile, but I am pretty sure of what sounds good and bad. I don't listen to allot of music. ​I really love metal construction, I don't care about the weight. Also, I want it to be in ear (the ear cups should be covering my whole ear.)
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I meant over ear headphones!!!  :D

Where will you be using them? Got an amp?

Personal recommendation are thé beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (closed) or the 990's which are open.

I think they are around that price range

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Also, I want it to be in ear (the ear cups should be covering my whole ear.)

i can't make sense of this

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

sony mdrv 700 ( tried and proven ) been around for over 25 years

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

sony mdrv 700 ( tried and proven ) been around for over 25 years

Good luck finding a pair. 

hahaha :D

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

Good luck finding a pair. 

where they discontined now? i need to get some replacement parts on mine took a bad crash snowboarding

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

where they discontined now? i need to get some replacement parts on mine took a bad crash snowboarding

For a year or more, yeah. Its been a good run though. 

For a year or more, yeah. Its been a good run though. 

what a shame. i started out on the mdrv 500 then got the 700. di they have anytinh to replace the 700 if they got rid of them?

what a shame. i started out on the mdrv 500 then got the 700. di they have anytinh to replace the 700 if they got rid of them?

V55's :D Which are dicks. 

V55's :D Which are dicks. 

thay look like rebranded  mdrv 500

lol, I am not really knowledgeable about headphones to be honest. I meant headphones like the Razer Krakens or Corsair Vengeance 2000s... etc.

Where will you be using them? Got an amp?

I will just be connecting them directly to my sound card. I don't really know what an amp is. I am new to this.

lol, I am not really knowledgeable about headphones to be honest. I meant headphones like the Razer Krakens or Corsair Vengeance 2000s... etc.

I will just be connecting them directly to my sound card. I don't really know what an amp is. I am new to this.

Since you have a soundcard, you should get a Beyerdynamic DT770 or 990 so you wont suffer impedance mismatch.

Since you have a soundcard, you should get a Beyerdynamic DT770 or 990 so you wont suffer impedance mismatch.

Thanks for you suggestion, they look pretty good from the reviews I have watched.