My Pc Is super slow ??

MajorZ
Go to solution Solved by Akolyte,

ill try now, i just uninstalled avast and restarted the pc, and would you let know about the MSI because i have no idea about it  :huh:

Good work! now I would recommend disabling Bit torrent as that seems to take up allot of disk speed (only stopping it from running at startup) you can do that through task manager in Windows 8.1 Click the startup tab and uncheck bit torrent.  I also recommend installing AVG antivirus free edition, having no antivirus is like in a battlefield with no armour, its manageable but really recommended to have armour/antivirus.   Restart after disabling Bit torrent and then proceed onto downloading HW monitor, Speccy or Real temp.  Because your CPU temperature may be really high causing your CPU to throttle (lower its power and strength in order to keep temperatures down) so please send a screenshot of that.  Hope this helps :)

EDIT: before doing anything else run a quick scan with Malwarebytes anti-malware and please show me the results.  So that I can tell you bad your system is infected if so and to use anything else if I think its necessary.  :)

Dear All,

i am writing this topic and hoping someone help me due to my super slow performance of my own build PC. 

these are the specification of my pc:

Motherboard
ASROCK Z87 EXTREME3 -LGA1150 Intel Z87 Chipset DDR3 Quad CrossFireX Quad SLI SATA3 USB3.0 ATX Motherboard

Graphic Card 
Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7950 OC with Boost 3 GB DDR5 DL-DVI-I/SL-DVI-D/HDMI/DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 11196-09-40G

CPU 
Intel Core i5-4670K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.4 GHZ 6 MB Cache - BX80646I54670 (with the stock cooler)

power supply
550w 

ram 8 GB

Hard Disk
1 TB

windows 8.1

and i just installed windows 8.1 week ago.

Slow how?

Does the PC take long to boot? is it slow to respond on the desktop? or is the PC underperforming in games / other stressfull situations?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

did you install ALL the drivers for the PC?

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

Dear All,

i am writing this topic and hoping someone help me due to my super slow performance of my own build PC. 

these are the specification of my pc:

Motherboard
ASROCK Z87 EXTREME3 -LGA1150 Intel Z87 Chipset DDR3 Quad CrossFireX Quad SLI SATA3 USB3.0 ATX Motherboard

Graphic Card 
Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7950 OC with Boost 3 GB DDR5 DL-DVI-I/SL-DVI-D/HDMI/DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 11196-09-40G

CPU 
Intel Core i5-4670K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.4 GHZ 6 MB Cache - BX80646I54670 (with the stock cooler)

power supply
550w 

ram 8 GB

Hard Disk
1 TB

windows 8.1

and i just installed windows 8.1 week ago.

Slow how?

Does the PC take long to boot? is it slow to respond on the desktop? or is the PC underperforming in games / other stressfull situations?

+1 ^^

We literally have nothing to go on, 'slowness' can be caused by any part/piece of software and in very different ways. A little more info would be good here?

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

Download the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-malware and update it.  Run a full scan then it should find everything.  I also recommend downloading and installing the latest version of AVG antivirus Free Edition.  If they don't find anything and remove it or they don't help run a disk defragmentation use Defraggler by Piriform.  Next I would recommend going to the programs and features menu and removing all programs that are un-needed or use allot of system resources.  Remove any antivirus software with the name: Avast, Kaspersky, Bitdefender or Zonealarm.  Removing any of those should speed up the system significantly.

Hope this helps :)

well i have installed all drivers, windows is pretty new, slow i mean in everything like moving mouse is supposed to be smooth but most of the time i get lag, open the browser is slow and the pc  response in general is super slow, i dont get it. 

well i have installed all drivers, windows is pretty new, slow i mean in everything like moving mouse is supposed to be smooth but most of the time i get lag, open the browser is slow and the pc  response in general is super slow, i dont get it. 

Sounds like either CPU or GPU stress, Could you open up task manager and see how much CPU and RAM is being consumed and tell that here.  Also please download MSI after burner and tell me how much GPU power is being consumed.  :)

Sounds like either CPU or GPU stress, Could you open up task manager and see how much CPU and RAM is being consumed and tell that here.  Also please download MSI after burner and tell me how much GPU power is being consumed.   :)

ill try now, i just uninstalled avast and restarted the pc, and would you let know about the MSI because i have no idea about it  :huh:

post-35726-0-24277900-1385715646_thumb.p

Good work! now I would recommend disabling Bit torrent as that seems to take up allot of disk speed (only stopping it from running at startup) you can do that through task manager in Windows 8.1 Click the startup tab and uncheck bit torrent.  I also recommend installing AVG antivirus free edition, having no antivirus is like in a battlefield with no armour, its manageable but really recommended to have armour/antivirus.   Restart after disabling Bit torrent and then proceed onto downloading HW monitor, Speccy or Real temp.  Because your CPU temperature may be really high causing your CPU to throttle (lower its power and strength in order to keep temperatures down) so please send a screenshot of that.  Hope this helps :)

EDIT: before doing anything else run a quick scan with Malwarebytes anti-malware and please show me the results.  So that I can tell you bad your system is infected if so and to use anything else if I think its necessary.  :)

EDIT: before doing anything else run a quick scan with Malwarebytes anti-malware and please show me the results.  So that I can tell you bad your system is infected if so and to use anything else if I think its necessary.   :)

i am on it.  :)

EDIT: before doing anything else run a quick scan with Malwarebytes anti-malware and please show me the results.  So that I can tell you bad your system is infected if so and to use anything else if I think its necessary.   :)

woow im so infected !!

have a look on the scan log

MBAM-log-2013-11-29 (12-22-52).txt

woow im so infected !!

have a look on the scan log

Okay, Please right click the show the threats page, and click select all. Then select remove/quarantine, Followed by a restart.  Hopefully that would have solved the issue :)

EDIT: thats not a serious infection.  But its certainly on the larger side. 

well now i think the problem is solved by doing the scan and removing avast antivirus.

thank you all for your efforts  :)

well now i think the problem is solved by doing the scan and removing avast antivirus.

please make sue to keep an up to date antivirus program with real time scanning, bittorent is really bad for infecting your pc.  it may slow down you pc a bit but it means you still have a os and files

Just Remember to install AVG or another antivirus product instead of Avast.  I also recommend grabbing Comodo firewall.  The protection in that will give you full control over viruses instead of them controlling you.