Dead HDD or something else?

ShiroiTenshi

Hello. When I try to run my Laptop Lenovo G50-30 an error "efi network 0 for ipv4 boot failed", I have tried to change settings in boot menu from UEFI to Legay but that doesn't change anything. Later I checked if my HDD is detected in BIOS and it's not. So I know that one of the HDD's are dead but I tried to put my new SSD in the dead laptop, the SSD is detected but I still get the same error and can't even run Windows disk to re-install the Windows. So it shouldn't be HHD's fault or it might be HDD's Motherboards Pin faul. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Do I need to change my motherboard?

Have you checked the boot order?

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Double check that your boot order is set properly in the BIOS. HDD should be first. 

Just now, DaftBehemoth said:

Have you checked the boot order?

Yes, I did. Even if I force to load the Windows DVD/CD it gets to "Press any key to load the CD", I press any key then it tries to load the windows files but fails. I get "Load windows in normal mode" and "Recover windows" messages but none of them work, again windows tries to load and I get the same messages. It's not windows fault logically because I tried the SSD which works perfectly fine on other Laptop.

It looks like you are trying to preform a network boot. This will only work at schools, universities or businesses that have this system set up.

To fix this, you have to boot off your local storage (HDD) instead of net booting. If this does not work, you should make yourself a bootable windows USB stick and let the USB fix your system.

How about your SATA mode? If it was set to AHCI originally and then got changed to RAID (or vise versa), you would stop being able to boot to your hard drive.

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

if the hard drive is dead, it's possible that the BIOS is moving on to the NEXT potentially bookable device, until it gets to network boot and that fails.

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

if the hard drive is dead, it's possible that the BIOS is moving on to the NEXT potentially bookable device, until it gets to network boot and that fails.

Yes but the same issue is with working HDD/SSD.