Should Linus build a PC inside Ryzen/Threadripper review box? POLL

Should Linus build a PC inside Ryzen/Threadripper review box?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Your Opinion Please

• Hell Yeah!
    • I hate awesome PC builds

So Ryzen 7 has been out for over 5 months now and all the reviewers were sent a nice wooden box containing the review samples. 

8072_79_amd-ryzen-7-1800x-cpu-review.jpg.11036e5885c089cba8545116952c8895.jpg

My question is why hasn't anyone, especially LTT, built a Ryzen mini itx or even a micro atx PC inside the box? Sort of like Luke's awesome fallout 4 bomb build.

From my rough calculations a mini itx build would easily fit and micro atx may even be possible, hell you could jam a custom water cooling loop in there and crossfire rx580's if you really wanted too. Add a space efficient PSU like the SilverStone SFX-L 800W Titanium which should have enough juice to power it all, and you would have the ultimate AMD build!!

5983d4fc5ee36_Insidethebox.PNG.30b979f8fa2bc8a1b9e46cc601f637ed.PNG

If they want to keep things fresh they could also do a full atx build inside the new AMD threadripper review box, (which appears to be a pelican case) complete with custom liquid cooling and crossfire Vega gpu's of course :P.

img_7719.jpg.649617126d6ea94e4dd37d4f1f21c839.jpg

Does anyone else want to see a build like this? Or is there a good reason why this kind of build hasn't been done before?

That would be awesome. However, it would be very hard to put together since you would have to do a lot of custom work. But for a tech youtuber that would be a great video.

Also, Linus' unboxing of threadripper is on the ltt twitter.

@smheer Yeah it wouldn't be easy, but it would make a great video.

14 minutes ago, smheer said:

Also, Linus' unboxing of threadripper is on the ltt twitter.

Thanks, I didn't realize that their threadripper unboxing was on twitter, I almost thought that Linus had lost his unboxing king crown ;).

It would be cool if they did this.
I would watch it.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Do you think Linus will do it?

Spoiler

linus cant do it

1 hour ago, 3r4yd3n is weird said:

I dont like it.

y-u-no-like.jpg.d63ce9750ec08b9acff18743a1010edc.jpg

8 minutes ago, |3r4yd3n said:

Wow '3r4yd3n is weird', I can't believe you took the time to spell my username wrong. It's |3r4d3n by the way, maybe you should find out what 1337 (or leet for you) even is, before you go starting a flame war! I know why you don't like this idea it's because your just an intel fanboy and can't stand how much everyone likes Ryzen! Or is it because you just wish you had a Ryzen 7 cpu instead of a puny quad core i7 for rendering them videos. 

P.S. I know where you live!

P.P.S Good one Zac, you nearly had me there :PxD.

What the fresh fuck

3 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

What the fresh fuck

FRESH NEW DISCUSSION THAT YOU'LL ONLY FIND ON THE LTT FORUMS

I'd much rather see some new Ryzen builds with that LTT flair and piazzas.

ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO BUILD AN ENTIRE PC INSIDE OF A REVIEW BOX!! It wouldnt fit!! >:(

8 minutes ago, 3r4yd3n is weird said:

ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO BUILD AN ENTIRE PC INSIDE OF A REVIEW BOX!! It wouldnt fit!! >:(

Are you unaware of either the dimensions of the review box or those of the PC components required for this kind of build? The dimensions of the review box are hard to guess exactly but it came with a full ATX x370 motherboard inside of it for the reviewers to use for their testing. So it should easily fit a mini ITX or micro ATX motherboard according to my above test fit photo with room left for the PSU, GPU's and CPU cooler. Also @3r4yd3n is weird maybe you would like to watch the fallout 4 bomb build that Luke did a while back, now that shows how small of a case you can build a PC in and it still look awesome.

Don't you know they have to send those review boxes back AMD would never allow them to destroy a review box like that. It would probably overheat and blow up!

20 hours ago, 3r4yd3n is weird said:

Don't you know they have to send those review boxes back

I don't believe the review kits are to be sent back especially since the pelican case that threadripper was sent in has the reviewers brand engraved on it.

AMD would never allow them to destroy a review box like that.

I disagree, AMD would likely welcome the idea as a free promotion of their products.

It would probably overheat and blow up!

Well the box would obviously need holes cut into it to provide sufficient airflow for cooling. Also what kind of explosives do you think an AMD review box is made of that would cause it to blow up :P.

No, what he should do is use a raspberry pi and a small screen to create a loop of the eye of Sauron in the TR box. Then have a 24/7 livestream of the box.

13 hours ago, ravenshrike said:

No, what he should do is use a raspberry pi and a small screen to create a loop of the eye of Sauron in the TR box. Then have a 24/7 livestream of the box.

Ok, maybe you should start a campaign for that. It would actually look pretty cool.