Adding Handles To A Case?

I take my PC frequently to friends houses, and am looking for a way to make it easier to carry around without changing cases. Currently, my case is a Fractal Design Node 804.

https://mnpctech.com/pc-case-lan-party-gaming-carry-top-server-tower-handles/#/product/714

Are these a good choice of mounting handles?

I have no experience with case modding or metal working, so I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions about where and how to mount the handles.

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

I think they will be fine weight Wise. 25 bucks seems like a huge rip of though. Have you checked harbour freight or whatever sells diy stuff in your area?

I personally would try to go for something more stealthy that let's your attach something belt-like (like a belt that you would put around your luggage. If you find a way to attack a slit shaped peace of metal to the bottom fan mounts you wouldn't see it and you could thread a belt to carry it through it. 

I have vaguely cooked this ordeal in my so please excuse and inaccurate description. 

Something along the lines of this (with two of those around the case, removable of course) 

kofferbaender--18699.jpg

What do you think? 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

The 804 has mesh for the top (I think) so you can't carry it by that.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

@Gungpae I have stairs and live on a gravel driveway, so that's not going to work :(

@GER_T4IGA I agree that $25 is a bit steep for a pair of handles. I've found other places to get them, at this point it's just about how and where to mount them.

@AnonymousGuy it does have a mesh top panel, and the rest if it is plastic, so I guess that rules the top panel out completely. any other thoughts on where to put them?

Rivet an aluminum plate to the top (1/8" should be fine) and then rivet a handle to that.   Then you ca spread the force out over a wider area of the mesh.

You just need pop rivets, a pop rivet gun (relatively cheap if you go generic), and a drill for holes.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

1 hour ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Rivet an aluminum plate to the top (1/8" should be fine) and then rivet a handle to that.   Then you ca spread the force out over a wider area of the mesh.

You just need pop rivets, a pop rivet gun (relatively cheap if you go generic), and a drill for holes.

Thanks! Any idea where I could get aluminum plates locally? Home Depot maybe?

16 minutes ago, Bird Fucker said:

Thanks! Any idea where I could get aluminum plates locally? Home Depot maybe?

Google for "metal supply" in your area.  They'll be able to set you up with some 6061-T6 (the standard) grade of aluminum and probably cut it to size for you for free. 

If you don't want to rivet, wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of two part epoxy (JB Weld) can do everything for you as well.

8 hours ago, Bird Fucker said:

I take my PC frequently to friends houses, and am looking for a way to make it easier to carry around without changing cases. Currently, my case is a Fractal Design Node 804.

https://mnpctech.com/pc-case-lan-party-gaming-carry-top-server-tower-handles/#/product/714

Are these a good choice of mounting handles?

I have no experience with case modding or metal working, so I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions about where and how to mount the handles.

As said use a plate on the backside to distribute the force from the handle when bolted thorough, I would suggest to add two one on each side of the meshed top panel so it provides a solid mount. 

Do you guys think the mostly plastic top panel could support the rest of the computer? Like the slide in clips wouldn't break if I was carrying it?

49 minutes ago, Bird Fucker said:

Do you guys think the mostly plastic top panel could support the rest of the computer? Like the slide in clips wouldn't break if I was carrying it?

It will have to be bolted through into the steel chassis the plastic panels will not hold the weight. 

• 2 years later...

theres enough steel material in the center on top, to drill the mounting holes for those bar style handles

the_mod_zoo_review_fractal_design_node_8

17 years of helping you void your warranty