Rackmounted HDD enclosure idea

Alice in game

I was thinking about getting my PC in a rackmount, so it would look good to have the htpc case and amplifier to be the same width.

The best looking case I found and that also have front usb 3.0 is the SilverStone GD09, but the main problem is that it can only accomodate 1 3.5HDD when using an optical drive, to read dvd and bluray as it would be to plug on tv and there is some content that I only have, or can find on disk. It also only have on external bay, so impossible to install a custom hotswap bay (not that I need it, but it's cool)

So I was trying to find a solution to hook more disk to the computer, I am looking for advice, especially on the validity of option 2.2

1. Use an external enclosure to rackmount next to the pc.
    1. Use a pre-made enclosure that can be connected to the PC, like https://www.owcdigital.com/products/mercury-rack-pro PRO : easy CON : I would prefer not to have an extra power supply, on the expensive side  COST : 350-400$ with required cables, or more if using a the mini sas + mini sas to 4xsata adapter card.
    2. Using an old 1U server with 4HDD cage, remove everything but the backplane and hook it to the main computer, can hook the backplane using mini-sas PRO : fun CON : custom power connector to the backplane, not sure if possible to hack a PSU connector to deliver power on a backplane (and can this work or some electronic on the backplane would require a sas controller, and is so, can a server sas card be used in a PC) COST : 40 to 60$ for an old server, 100$ for mini sas + mini sas to 4xsata adapter card.
  2. Use a different case PRO : can "save" 2U of space CON : most only have usb 2.0 and no usb 3.0
    1. Use a case with at least 2 internal HDD slot PRO : cheapest  CON : boring COST : 0 (as the Silverstone or a different case would sell for around 100$)
    2. Use a case with at least 3 external 5.25 bay, 1 for disk reader, 2 or 3 for hotswap hdd cage for 3 or 4 3.5 drive PRO: cheapest for external disk access. COST : around 90$