Does any other domain-registrars have this service?

XDRosenheim

In Denmark we have our '.dk' domain. DK Hostmaster is the administrator of all the domain names ending in ’.dk’.

But the thing here is that they have this "Who-Is" service, that can show you the information about the owner of the domain, any from name, phone number to address.

Is there such service for other domains (.com .org .co.uk and so on) ?

I personally like this service, it may prevent scam and stuff from happening on a .dk domain. What do you think about it ?

I'm full of questions :O

Whois comes pretty standard with all domains. Whois protection (info blocked) also does, typically 1 year for free or a yearly cost after that. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I don't know something like this, and i don't like it! just a random visitor can acces my telephone number and knows where i live.. no thank you

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

there's something called who-is guard that protects your information but it costs extra.

edit: what rashdanml said.

Maybe I should get one of thos who-is guards/blocks-thingies. I do like the service, but I do want some info to be private :)

Also, if I buy a .com domain here in Denmark, it would cost me  ~$30/year. Is this normal? I only pay ~$8/year for a .dk....

I think that's normal. Buying a .dk or foreign TLD in North America is generally more expensive than buying a .us or .com/.net domain. Depends on the registrar too, I'd imagine. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

TBH, I think it's better to go with a ".com" domain whenever possible since it's engraved in peoples minds, even the ones who are tech illiterate, that a website is "www.NAMEHERE.com"

TBH, I think it's better to go with a ".com" domain whenever possible since it's engraved in peoples minds, even the ones who are tech illiterate, that a website is "www.NAMEHERE.com"

Only using it to redirect to my IP. Makes it easier for friends to connect to our gameservers and TeamSpeak..

Only using it to redirect to my IP. Makes it easier for friends to connect to our gameservers and TeamSpeak..

.DK must uber common on your end, huh?

.DK must uber common on your end, huh?

If I understood that correctly then.. 

Well... There is over 1,000,000 registered .dk domain....(Source: dk-hostmaster)

If I understood that correctly then.. 

Well... There is over 1,000,000 registered .dk domain....(Source: dk-hostmaster)

I should have rephrased that a bit better. =p

I meant where you live, do the people think of ".dk" first before thinking ".com" when it comes to websites? The people where I live think of ".com" first above the other domains.

I should have rephrased that a bit better. =p

I meant where you live, do the people think of ".dk" first before thinking ".com" when it comes to websites? The people where I live think of ".com" first above the other domains.

If I ask people to go to google, then I'm pretty sure 80% would put .dk in the end. And just as an example, twitter and facebook also has the .dk extension.

If I ask people to go to google, then I'm pretty sure 80% would put .dk in the end. And just as an example, twitter and facebook also has the .dk extension.

Makes sense. :)

Then by all means, I see why you'd want to use a .dk extension.