Phanteks glacier + thermal take pacific

Go to solution Solved by Revan654,
On 7/31/2017 at 3:18 PM, W-L said:

The Auroa ring fittings from alpahcool are not RGB only single color options, for thermaltake's fittings they must use their controller to change the different colors and modes. 

There a RGB versions coming "SOON". not sure what soon is but it's in the works.

On 7/31/2017 at 2:29 PM, AtmaManeesh said:

Hello linusians! 

I want to build a double loop wc in the tower 900 with full fabulous rgbicious lights.

I will use a rog extreme maximus ix as a motherboard,rgb rams and i was thinking of Phanteks glacier with Thermaltake pacific (hard tubing).

(maybe i ll make 1-2 infinity mirrors as well and add a virus radiator) 

Because this Hypnotic colour trip is expensive i wanted to ask (as a noob in wc) if the fittings will be compatible with the cpu water blocks and or the cpu water block that is provided from asus.

I will use sli 1080 ti so i don't want any disastrous result due to bad compatibility.

also if i put a plastic brain in a jar toy in the middle would be ok due to heat? :D

thank in advance for any answers.

If any of your tube runs are long or have multiple bends, forget about using RGB fittings or AlphaCool LED Rings. The lighting will not travel well in long runs or around bends.

Plus you have to deal with all the wiring they have. Each fitting has wiring. ThermalTake should just be avoided all together specially in watercooling.

Hello linusians! 

I want to build a double loop wc in the tower 900 with full fabulous rgbicious lights.

I will use a rog extreme maximus ix as a motherboard,rgb rams and i was thinking of Phanteks glacier with Thermaltake pacific (hard tubing).

Because this Hypnotic colour trip is expensive i wanted to ask (as a noob in wc) if the fittings will be compatible with the cpu water blocks and or the cpu water block that is provided from asus.

I will use sli 1080 ti so i don't want any disastrous result due to bad compatibility.

also if i put a plastic brain in a jar toy in the middle would be ok due to heat? :D

7 minutes ago, AtmaManeesh said:

Hello linusians! 

Welcome to the Forums!

It would be highly suggest to not use the thermaltake kits as they use a mixed metal loops with aluminium radiators. Something like EKWB's P series kits would be something I suggest if you want to go with a proper loop. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Welcome to the Forums!

It would be highly suggest to not use the thermaltake kits as they use a mixed metal loops with aluminium radiators. Something like EKWB's P series kits would be something I suggest if you want to go with a proper loop. 

Thank you.

so the pacific fittings is a bad choice then?

Would you suggest instead alpha cool's aurora rings?

I am afraid that maybe they aren't as good.

I will not buy any kits.

I wanted the glacier and something to make my loop rgb controlled.

Later i ll decide from where to buy all the rest.

i was consider the pacific rgb fittings since they are the only ones that make rgb lights through the tubes.

Just now, AtmaManeesh said:

Thank you.

so the pacific fittings is a bad choice then?

Would you suggest instead alpha cool's aurora rings?

I am afraid that maybe they aren't as good.

I will not buy any kits.

I wanted the glacier and something to make my loop rgb controlled.

Later i ll decide from where to buy all the rest.

i was consider the pacific rgb fittings since they are the only ones that make rgb lights through the tubes.

I do not suggest to use the thermaltake kits at all. If you want to do hardline cooling it would be best to individually select the components you require for the loop. 

https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/

For RGB controlled lighting and systems it depends what you decide for your components and how they will interface all together since different systems may not be able to sync together. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

I do not suggest to use the thermaltake kits at all. If you want to do hardline cooling it would be best to individually select the components you require for the loop. 

https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/

For RGB controlled lighting and systems it depends what you decide for your components and how they will interface all together since different systems may not be able to sync together. 

Thanks again.

ok i ll try to rephrase my question:

Apart from theramaltake's pacific (if their material can be an issue with the rest of the hardware and wc materials) the only one other way i know of making the tube and liquid rgb controlled are the aurora rings from alpha cool.

Is there some other way?(even as a diy solution)

4 minutes ago, AtmaManeesh said:

Thanks again.

ok i ll try to rephrase my question:

Apart from theramaltake's pacific (if their material can be an issue with the rest of the hardware and wc materials) the only one other way i know of making the tube and liquid rgb controlled are the aurora rings from alpha cool.

Is there some other way?(even as a diy solution)

The Auroa ring fittings from alpahcool are not RGB only single color options, for thermaltake's fittings they must use their controller to change the different colors and modes. 

On 7/31/2017 at 3:18 PM, W-L said:

There a RGB versions coming "SOON". not sure what soon is but it's in the works.

On 7/31/2017 at 2:29 PM, AtmaManeesh said:

Hello linusians! 

If any of your tube runs are long or have multiple bends, forget about using RGB fittings or AlphaCool LED Rings. The lighting will not travel well in long runs or around bends.

Plus you have to deal with all the wiring they have. Each fitting has wiring. ThermalTake should just be avoided all together specially in watercooling.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

10 hours ago, Revan654 said:

Thanks for answering.Yep i totally agree (after some research myself) for ThermalTake.

I will still use the tower 900 from them (i still can't  found a case that i like more since i want a big case with great space and glass to decorate it)

but apart from that i won't use anything in wc from them.

I will keep the bending in minimum and due to the case design (the radiators part of the tubes will be covered) i will just need a couple of rings so it won't be an issue but really thanks for point it out about the bending and fittings issue with them, i had no idea.

Also thanks for the future rgb notice of their releases,i will just wait for them to come out and it will be a perfect fit for my build.

I also found a new reservoir the neochanger so with a little effort to synchronise the rgbs it will be exactly what i wanted.

thank you again i think i am covered with you and W-L's comments (it made me to search all about materials in wc and compatibility )

8 hours ago, AtmaManeesh said:

Thanks for answering.Yep i totally agree (after some research myself) for ThermalTake.

I will still use the tower 900 from them (i still can't  found a case that i like more since i want a big case with great space and glass to decorate it)

but apart from that i won't use anything in wc from them.

I will keep the bending in minimum and due to the case design (the radiators part of the tubes will be covered) i will just need a couple of rings so it won't be an issue but really thanks for point it out about the bending and fittings issue with them, i had no idea.

Also thanks for the future rgb notice of their releases,i will just wait for them to come out and it will be a perfect fit for my build.

I also found a new reservoir the neochanger so with a little effort to synchronise the rgbs it will be exactly what i wanted.

thank you again i think i am covered with you and W-L's comments (it made me to search all about materials in wc and compatibility )

Everything is based on how light travels. I was thinking of doing the same, the more I looked into it the less appealing it became. I know someone who did it, He told me if he redo it. He would drop the RGB fittings since there a PIA to deal with & all the wiring created nothing but a giant mess. ThermalTake RGB controller boxes are pure garbage, I had them for fans. None of them worked, TT has no interest in fixing there issues they just like releasing new SKU to try fix the issues & screw there older parts & people who own them. It's one reason why they have so much hate geared toward them.

TT WaterCooling parts are all Aluminum based(It's basically the same effect of a AIO, Copper will always give you better performance). It's ok if all the parts will be Aluminum.

It's why EK Gaming series Which are Aluminum based kits but created an entire series around it. They separate the two series trying not to confuse there costumers. You don't ever want to mix different metals & you can can't use other coolants like Mayhem. You can use EK's new coolant since it's designed to be used in both copper & Aluminum systems.

------

The NeoCHanger looks decent, I just wonder how well it's built. I personal favor WaterCool when it comes to parts. When holding there parts & anyone else it's light & day. It even makes companies like EK feel cheap. I specially like there res since the tube is glass & not acrylic(Which tends to scratch easily).

-----

If you got money Case-Labs has allot of room & window to show off your parts. It's the best case company on the market. They also don't use plastic or metal, it's pure Aluminum (Every single piece of the case & accessories)

------

Here is another option for lighting.

ex-tub-1536_3.jpg

Link: http://www.performance-pcs.com/monsoon-light-port-90-rotary-angle-fitting-3-4-matte-black.html

They also have a 45 degree option too.

-------

And Another

4260285293757-3.jpg

Link: http://nanoxia-world.com/en/products/coolforce/fittings/353/coolforce-led-fitting-16/13-blau

You can buy the fittings on Amazon. There not RGB but it's another option.

----

Sorry for the long post, Maybe some of this will be helpful.

19 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Everything is based on how light travels. I was thinking of doing the same, the more I looked into it the less appealing it became. I know someone who did it, He told me if he redo it. He would drop the RGB fittings since there a PIA to deal with & all the wiring created nothing but a giant mess. ThermalTake RGB controller boxes are pure garbage, I had them for fans. None of them worked, TT has no interest in fixing there issues they just like releasing new SKU to try fix the issues & screw there older parts & people who own them. It's one reason why they have so much hate geared toward them.

TT WaterCooling parts are all Aluminum based(It's basically the same effect of a AIO, Copper will always give you better performance). It's ok if all the parts will be Aluminum.

It's why EK Gaming series Which are Aluminum based kits but created an entire series around it. They separate the two series trying not to confuse there costumers. You don't ever want to mix different metals & you can can't use other coolants like Mayhem. You can use EK's new coolant since it's designed to be used in both copper & Aluminum systems.

------

The NeoCHanger looks decent, I just wonder how well it's built. I personal favor WaterCool when it comes to parts. When holding there parts & anyone else it's light & day. It even makes companies like EK feel cheap. I specially like there res since the tube is glass & not acrylic(Which tends to scratch easily).

-----

If you got money Case-Labs has allot of room & window to show off your parts. It's the best case company on the market. They also don't use plastic or metal, it's pure Aluminum (Every single piece of the case & accessories)

------

Here is another option for lighting.

ex-tub-1536_3.jpg

Link: http://www.performance-pcs.com/monsoon-light-port-90-rotary-angle-fitting-3-4-matte-black.html

They also have a 45 degree option too.

-------

And Another

4260285293757-3.jpg

Link: http://nanoxia-world.com/en/products/coolforce/fittings/353/coolforce-led-fitting-16/13-blau

You can buy the fittings on Amazon. There not RGB but it's another option.

----

Sorry for the long post, Maybe some of this will be helpful.

No worries i love long posts for answers or information (i hate them only for ranting or fan fanatics ) :) 

Indeed they is useful information for me in these comments as more options are better.

I have checked case labs but i still prefer the Tower cause is massive and i want a case of display . I was between that and Lian li 011 but unfortunate lian li has smaller space for radiators and not any space at all for decoration compared to the tower (i could even use it as a display screen for action figures or miniatures army or a from cool masks at the same time (i won't but still i like to have that option) ).

I was trying to find custom made case or custom case creators.I was considering mountain mods as an option but i am not sure if its worth it from my taste.

The tower seems also to be ok as far as materials compatibility.

Also tbh i think watermod (its case designers) is the best i have seen for my tastes (if they accepted custom orders i would buy from them ).

Also i think TT's corporation with them is their best (if not the only one ) and of some value partnership.so for me is more a watermod fanboyism and trust than TT's trust or  support.

The 45 and 90 degree led option seem really nice, especially if i can mod it with rgb (i think i saw somewhere an guide about how to replace them in such light fittings.

Again thanks its been a great help.

3 hours ago, AtmaManeesh said:

No worries i love long posts for answers or information (i hate them only for ranting or fan fanatics ) :) 

Indeed they is useful information for me in these comments as more options are better.

I have checked case labs but i still prefer the Tower cause is massive and i want a case of display . I was between that and Lian li 011 but unfortunate lian li has smaller space for radiators and not any space at all for decoration compared to the tower (i could even use it as a display screen for action figures or miniatures army or a from cool masks at the same time (i won't but still i like to have that option) ).

I was trying to find custom made case or custom case creators.I was considering mountain mods as an option but i am not sure if its worth it from my taste.

The tower seems also to be ok as far as materials compatibility.

Also tbh i think watermod (its case designers) is the best i have seen for my tastes (if they accepted custom orders i would buy from them ).

Also i think TT's corporation with them is their best (if not the only one ) and of some value partnership.so for me is more a watermod fanboyism and trust than TT's trust or  support.

The 45 and 90 degree led option seem really nice, especially if i can mod it with rgb (i think i saw somewhere an guide about how to replace them in such light fittings.

Again thanks its been a great help.

All TT cases are made from metal & plastic, as long as your not expecting Case-Labs quality you will be fine. I would test out the brackets before adding any rads, There are some cases out there that brackets are made of thin metal. Any kind of weight added to them will snap them in half. MountainMods are just ugly looking.

If I recall the Tower you have to make choices if you want larger rad or additional harddrives. Make sure you have everything planned out before buying your parts & case.

----

I believe they just 5mm LED, so any should work. I would head over to Overclock.net & find MonSoon thread. There rep is always on the forums, he should be able to give you more insight of there products.