What is the best Video Quality for sharpness: Roku Ultra or Amazon Fire TV 2nd Gen?

What is the best Video/Audio Quality for sharpness at 1080P for Netflix & Amazon Prime: Roku Ultra or Amazon Fire TV 2nd Gen?

both would be the same or similar

streaming would be the same as the compression was already done on the server side, i guess you can see which one has the better wireless chip

the DAC would be similar, you won't hear the difference though unless it is absolute shit.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 hours ago, themctipers said:

both would be the same or similar

streaming would be the same as the compression was already done on the server side, i guess you can see which one has the better wireless chip

the DAC would be similar, you won't hear the difference though unless it is absolute shit.

Thank you very much for your answer.

It's been driving me a bit crazy since I've been doing a variety of tests to see which is best.

But your answer really helped me out.

11 hours ago, Foxtail19 said:

What is the best Video/Audio Quality for sharpness at 1080P for Netflix & Amazon Prime: Roku Ultra or Amazon Fire TV 2nd Gen?

As stated above the same. But the Roku Ultra has Ethernet. Which means you can get a more reliable connection. But if WIFi is working fine then thats all good. I have a 2nd Gen Amazon Fire Stick, works great, but my TV is only 720p as its a 32 inch. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

16 hours ago, Foxtail19 said:

depends on the devices usb port version unless hdmi dongle used then hdmi port version matters.

what is the device that gonna be the display?

Thank you all for your responses.

But more specifically, I was asking about sharpness, picture quality and sound for both the Roku Ultra and the Amazon Fire TV 2nd Gen Box, not the stick.

Both are hard wired for Ethernet.

I've done some more tests last night, using Netflix and a scene from episode 1 of AHS: Hotel, and came to a very interesting conclusion that the Roku has a more vivid picture color, but the sound needed to be upped a little via the Volume button. Meanwhile, the Amazon Fire TV's picture was very good, very close to the color of the Roku, but the sound was higher.