Is the Corsair Hd 120 RGB worth it.

Frode

So i have a corsair 400c with the boring case fans that come with it. The HD 120 rgb fans are now on saler in a store and im thinking of picking some of them up. Im thinking of getting 5-6 fans with a fan controller.

But I would like to hear your opinion on this. Is it a good idea or is there a cheaper RGB fan alternative?

3 minutes ago, Frode said:

So i have a corsair 400c with the boring case fans that come with it. The HD 120 rgb fans are now on saler in a store and im thinking of picking some of them up. Im thinking of getting 5-6 fans with a fan controller.

But I would like to hear your opinion on this. Is it a good idea or is there a cheaper RGB fan alternative?

They're all pretty expensive as they are a unique feature but they are a good option, another good one is the AER fans if you have an NZXT Hue+ since they can all be controlled through the software. 

Just now, W-L said:

They're all pretty expensive as they are a unique feature but they are a good option, another good one is the AER fans if you have an NZXT Hue+ since they can all be controlled through the software. 

Can the hd 120 lightning be controlled in the utility engine software, like the k70 rgb keyboard?

Just now, Frode said:

Can the hd 120 lightning be controlled in the utility engine software, like the k70 rgb keyboard?

They can be linked and controlled through the Corsair Link software but requires the Lighting Node Pro unit to do so. 

Just now, W-L said:

They can be linked and controlled through the Corsair Link software but requires the Lighting Node Pro unit to do so. 

The corsair fans is going for 179 Skr= 22,07 usd. That is for a single fan. Im wondering from the start because to me they seem as a pretty good deal.

They are not expensive because of quality, there are much high quality fans for the same price, the price comes from the RGB.

6 minutes ago, Frode said:

The corsair fans is going for 179 Skr= 22,07 usd. That is for a single fan. Im wondering from the start because to me they seem as a pretty good deal.

They're alright but not as good in terms of performance or quality as say Noctua and other comparable fans, it's the RGB feature that your mainly paying for. 

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

They're alright but not as good in terms of performance or quality as say Noctua and other comparable fans, it's the RGB feature that your mainly paying for. 

Mostly yes. Apperance would look much better than the crappy included case fans. Then a little better airflow and quiet would be Nice.