Asus VC239H IPS Monitor Anti-glare removal

Jack02

Hello LTT forums,

The other day I was drinking water and accidentally spilled it on my keyboard (Corsair K70 RGB). I thought quickly and moved my keyboard on my monitor like a ladder to get it away from the puddle. The keyboard slipped and put an ugly scratch in my monitor. The keyboard ended up being okay, and I ended up almost getting rid of the scratch with some vaseline and a cotton swab. The scratch is basically gone, but it is still anoying to me. I looked up other ways to fix scratches and found out that you can remove the anti-glare film on matte monitors. Here is a tutorial I found: http://www.overclock.net/t/1216559/how-to-remove-anti-glare-coating-from-a-dell-u2312hm-monitor-and-others And here is a video I found of someone removing the film: 

Do you guys think this upgrade is worth it? Some people have failed and damaged their polarizer on their monitor. I personally am willing to take the risk. I need your thoughts on it though.

You have extra cash for a replacement monitor?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

19 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

You have extra cash for a replacement monitor?

Na

If I were you I would maybe give it a try, but I would be EXTREMELY careful. I would do a lot of research on your monitors anti-glare material and the procedures on how to remove the material from the monitor.

43 minutes ago, CasualGamer... said:

If I were you I would maybe give it a try, but I would be EXTREMELY careful. I would do a lot of research on your monitors anti-glare material and the procedures on how to remove the material from the monitor.

Okay, ill make like a little build log sort of thing on it :D