Should I Water Cool?

My Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/x86Tcc

I plan on overclocking my cpu but i dont want my build to be too loud.

Should I get an AIO liquid cooler?

If so which liquid cooler should I get?

CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Pro Wifi CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 Rev 2 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz GPU: Asus TUF OC RTX 3080 SSD: 250GB SK Hynix SATA and 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Cooler Master NR200 Monitor: LG 27GL850 Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Razer Viper Audio: Sennheiser PC37X and Logitech G560 Speakers

If you want cooling performance along with silence (or rather, less noise), you'd be better off going with a Noctua NH-D15 or bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3. They perform around the same as a 240mm AIO but usually result is lower noise levels as well as having less to go wrong. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

If you want cooling performance along with silence (or rather, less noise), you'd be better off going with a Noctua NH-D15 or bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3. They perform around the same as a 240mm AIO but usually result is lower noise levels as well as having less to go wrong. 

Ok i will go with the dark rock pro 3 because i hate the noctua colours

CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Pro Wifi CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 Rev 2 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz GPU: Asus TUF OC RTX 3080 SSD: 250GB SK Hynix SATA and 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Cooler Master NR200 Monitor: LG 27GL850 Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Razer Viper Audio: Sennheiser PC37X and Logitech G560 Speakers

7 minutes ago, JoshPJ said:

Ok i will go with the dark rock pro 3 because i hate the noctua colours

Just swap the fans on the D15. ez

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

8 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

is the d15 much better than the dark rock?

11 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

will the be quiet! pure wings 2 140mm fit the d15?

Its more of.. the dark rock pro SUUUUCKS to install. Noctuas mounting system is seriously freaking incredible

Moist

Just now, Kenji the Uke said:

Its more of.. the dark rock pro SUUUUCKS to install. Noctuas mounting system is seriously freaking incredible

nice, im looking for ram that is small enough to fit under the damn thing

The D15 does have cutouts for taller ram, though you should definitely still make sure it fits. In my experience, when you do the build, make sure the memory is in first. It might fit but its impossible to put in when the cooler is on =w=;; Just because of the angle..But thats the same with any cooler with that kind of hangover. 

Moist

2 minutes ago, Kenji the Uke said:

The D15 does have cutouts for taller ram, though you should definitely still make sure it fits. In my experience, when you do the build, make sure the memory is in first. It might fit but its impossible to put in when the cooler is on =w=;; Just because of the angle..But thats the same with any cooler with that kind of hangover. 

i wouldnt mind spending extra to buy an aio and not have to worry about ram

Just now, JoshPJ said:

i wouldnt mind spending extra to buy an aio and not have to worry about ram

But then you'd have worry of pump failure and pump noise in addition to the fans :v I mean I definitely understand the AIO want. I might do it as a next cooler myself and pump failures are definitely a rarity. Just somethin to consider. Which AIO did you have in mind? I'd get a 240mm or larger and brand wise, you cant really go wrong between NZXT and corsair. Heck, even Fractal Design has a new 360mm AiO :v

Moist

But then you'd have worry of pump failure and pump noise in addition to the fans :v I mean I definitely understand the AIO want. I might do it as a next cooler myself and pump failures are definitely a rarity. Just somethin to consider. Which AIO did you have in mind? I'd get a 240mm or larger and brand wise, you cant really go wrong between NZXT and corsair. Heck, even Fractal Design has a new 360mm AiO :v

i was thinking 240mm and maybe corsair, nzxt, thermaltake and im not sure about others

Update: Also :v for some reason fractal and nzxt have weird pricing/lacking pricing. 

Moist

Update: Also :v for some reason fractal and nzxt have weird pricing/lacking pricing. 

i like the nzxt kraken but im not sure if i want to pay an extra 30 for the front

1 minute ago, JoshPJ said:

i like the nzxt kraken but im not sure if i want to pay an extra 30 for the front

I swore it used to be like.. 129.99 :v what the fug Yeah. I would however, regardless of the model, look up their warranty. See if they cover damage caused by leaks or the such. Corsair's warranty tend to be really good but definitely look into it.

Moist

I went with the kraken i cant resist that sexy front

For CPU only, AIO makes sense.

Good choice on the Kraken, looks very sexy :>

If you were doing CPU + GPU then I would suggest the FluidGaming kit from EKWB and going more custom :) 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, JoshPJ said:

I went with the kraken i cant resist that sexy front

How much is it?

Moist

How much is it?

£130

1 minute ago, Kenji the Uke said:

How much is it?

im looking into it tho because it still has a rly small ram clearance

Just now, JoshPJ said:

im looking into it tho because it still has a rly small ram clearance

Owo Really? I didnt even know that was an issue with it. Weird. WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Moist

Owo Really? I didnt even know that was an issue with it. Weird. WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS

yeah i didnt even think they got close to the ram, oh i will trust me

Just now, JoshPJ said:

yeah i didnt even think they got close to the ram, oh i will trust me

Good :3

Moist