Google search info sidebar?

On certain google searches, there is a sidebar next to the results that gives certain details. For example, if I search Boston, there is this info thing, its..nvm ill just screenshot:

Capture.PNG.fc193b1907e3098ae42bb1d26a70e8f6.PNG

Anyway, I'm a producer and I wan't my music to show up in a thing like this. Here's a better example. So how do organizations/people get this kind of thing? Is it something I can do myself or is it automated? I have a website and am on social media (This is not an advertisement, don't sue me Linus)

Anyway, anyone have any knowledge to share on this? Thanks!

Computers r fun

From what I can see its automated. Like I searched for smaller local band of my friends. First search result gives Australian developer for Photoshop tools and only second is their site. Sidebar however has some very basic info about them, like songs with music videos on YT. So I tried with bit more known artist who happens to share artist name with some better known things. First result is ISP, 2nd NASA satellite and third movie for which sidebar also links to.

From just those, and seeing that Linus has sidebar, I'd say more presence you have, better the changes of getting sidebar. Like YT, Wikipedia (best thing to have), own page, Twitter etc. Also more hits and clicks from search results, I'd imagine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Try getting a wikipedia article written on you, that's where the descriptions come from. I don't really know about how to get your music there though. 

8 hours ago, ehhthing said:

Try getting a wikipedia article written on you, that's where the descriptions come from. I don't really know about how to get your music there though. 

Not all come from Wikipedia. But thats one of better ways.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv