NOKIA PHONE

NISHANTH

I would like it if Linus did a review on the nokia lumia 1020. I dont usually see Linus doing reviews on nokia phones.

Because they aren't even worth reviewing?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

nokia's are great phone's, no arguing about that...

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Linus generally isn't a phone guy but he does do good reviews. Not so indepth like Marques Brownlee. Besides the point he doesn't often buy phones and not many manufacturers send him a review sample or product.

False. Before Apple launched the iPhone 5C with the flourescent coloured plastic backs Nokia originally started this trend.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Don´t want to start a riot but i disagree

CPU: Intel I5 3550 Motherboard: Maximus V Gene RAM: 8Gb Kingston HyperX Genesis GPU: Zotac GTX 670 Case: NZXT Vulcan Storage: 120gb Kintson SSD + 1TB WB blue PSU: Corsair CX600 Display(s): Asus 24" VE247H Full HD Cooling: Coolermaster V8 and Casefans Keyboard: Steelseries 6G V/2 Mouse: Razer Naga Molten Sound: Onboard + Astro a40

False. Before Apple launched the iPhone 5C with the flourescent coloured plastic backs Nokia originally started this trend.

What's that got to do with ANYTHING? Windows Phone is alright, but it's no where near as good as Android. WP's aren't worth reviewing.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

• 3 weeks later...

Have you guys looked at the 41 megapixel camera on the 1020 its awesome

What's that got to do with ANYTHING? Windows Phone is alright, but it's no where near as good as Android. WP's aren't worth reviewing.

I own Lumia 920 and Toshiba android tablet. While android is great I like WP8 a whole lot more. Both of them have their faults. The greatest faults in WP in my opinion is lack of FileManager and lot of apps that are worth downloading are not free. Otherwise is a lot more fluid OS than android and a whole lot more responsive. On the other hand Android got a lot more apps, therefore is more versatile but you need regulary cleaning RAM of jung because of increasing performance and battery life.

Obviously I havent mentioned everything, just things that I find are necessary the most.

I own Lumia 920 and Toshiba android tablet. While android is great I like WP8 a whole lot more. Both of them have their faults. The greatest faults in WP in my opinion is lack of FileManager and lot of apps that are worth downloading are not free. Otherwise is a lot more fluid OS than android and a whole lot more responsive. On the other hand Android got a lot more apps, therefore is more versatile but you need regulary cleaning RAM of jung because of increasing performance and battery life.

Obviously I havent mentioned everything, just things that I find are necessary the most.

Linus has already proven in his videos that WP is inferior, and many other sources (including my own experience) back it up too. WP is good, but it's not great. Android is evolving faster than any other mobile OS and it runs very, very fast on new devices.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Some how you got to support the developers and its not like some paid apps are very cheap priced. Also do you know how many android apps are actually shit?

Of all these millions of android apps i used about 10. Windows phone has these apps even most of them the major apps like snapchat,viber,whatsapp,vine,instagram etc.

Also i can see windows phone becoming more popular.  And linus never said wp was inferior , he said that windows phone is great and that it still wasnt what he was looking after. So he tried out android.

I have used android for over 4 years and the constantly rooting and having to fix the device because of performance issues. Like on my Galaxy Nexus jelly bean was so smooth then 4.3 came and it made it laggy and unresponsive.

You can do a lot of customization in android, but i see ios as the most closed mobile OS and wp as a little more open, and Android is basically the mobile linux.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860