Need help with SSD.

dronikal
Go to solution Solved by JoostinOnline,
30 minutes ago, dronikal said:

It feels like my computer has 1-3 ms delay between what i tell it to do.It's like all my hardware has to stop to w8 for the ssd to catch up.It's not snappy like before.

Here is the test without the cache those 4K reads scare me.And the writes are with 100-150 Mb/s slower then the maximum.

Untitled.png

The 4k reads are normal, along with all the other speeds. In fact, they're much faster than a lot of drives (my SSD is about 24MB/s). 4k read speeds give you an idea of how fast it can open a ton of tiny files. If you've ever copied a bunch of tiny files you should know that it takes much longer than copying one large file. 

You've got a fast drive. Something else is slowing your computer down. Open up Resource Monitor in the background and see if anything seems unusually high. 

First of all Hello.
I have had my Crucial MX200 250Gib SSD for about 14 months.And it recently started to feel sluggish.Here are Crystal disk info and test.Do you see anything weird.For the people wondering what are those read/write speeds it uses the momentum cache.So it should not feel slow or sluggish at all.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Samsung 850 evo or 850 pro. Neithr of these should feel sliggosh. Hey are probably the best ssds.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

Tests looks fine, how exactly are they sluggish?

What exactly do you mean by sluggish? Could you be a bit more specific?

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Try disabling Momentum Cache, then do the benchmark.  It doesn't really do anything anyway except make tools like Crystal Disk Mark benchmark the RAM instead of the SSD.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

4 hours ago, failblox said:

What exactly do you mean by sluggish? Could you be a bit more specific?

It feels like my computer has 1-3 ms delay between what i tell it to do.It's like all my hardware has to stop to w8 for the ssd to catch up.It's not snappy like before.

3 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Try disabling Momentum Cache, then do the benchmark.  It doesn't really do anything anyway except make tools like Crystal Disk Mark benchmark the RAM instead of the SSD.

Here is the test without the cache those 4K reads scare me.And the writes are with 100-150 Mb/s slower then the maximum.

Untitled.png

30 minutes ago, dronikal said:

Untitled.png

The 4k reads are normal, along with all the other speeds. In fact, they're much faster than a lot of drives (my SSD is about 24MB/s). 4k read speeds give you an idea of how fast it can open a ton of tiny files. If you've ever copied a bunch of tiny files you should know that it takes much longer than copying one large file. 

You've got a fast drive. Something else is slowing your computer down. Open up Resource Monitor in the background and see if anything seems unusually high. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440